ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio code doesn't work

Boxster S
Help!!!

Just about to hand my car over on the weekend and I've stuck the original HU back in and the code in the front of my service book doesn't work. I've entered it and it just comes up with ERROR

I've followed the instructions as to how to enter it, am I doing anything wrong or what can you suggest that I can try to sort the problem out?!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
ring Renault and give them your reg and ask for the code, some dealers may try to charge you, but I have always got it free in the past.

Boxster S
I guess I'll have to make a trip to see the muppets at Renault Slough in the morning, hopefully they can reset it for me.

It's odd the one in the cover of the service book doesn't work

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^ it may have been changed or written down wrong.

Just get hold of them and say you need it checked.

It resets itself after 30 mins to re-enter a code IIRC

Da

Less
how are you entering the code, as in are you using the buttons on the H/U? Iirc you enter the numbers using the stalk controls, NOT the H/U buttons. Simply scroll till the correct digit is displayed then select it pressing one of the controls.

Last edited:
  Boxster S
Daz_2427 said:
how are you entering the code, as in are you using the buttons on the H/U? Iirc you enter the numbers using the stalk controls, NOT the H/U buttons. Simply scroll till the correct digit is displayed then select it pressing one of the controls.

Yep, doing it exactly as the manual says. I'll get up early and head down to see them, the rubbish thing is that I have a flight to catch at 1pm!!

Chocolate Bar™
i did mine yesterday using the headunit and it worked fine. simply put the 4 numbers in, and then i held the button 6. no idea why but the radio came on afterwards lol