ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio Code - Stereo won't allow input of code

I swapped my head unit over earlier, but inputted the wrong code once the standard stereo was connected. The first time 4 zeros appeared allowing me to input the code but after this attempt the zeros have disappeared and the unit just displays "CODE" and bleeps whenever a button on the stereo or stalk is pressed.

I have disconnected the unit for a couple of hours but this hasn't remedied the problem. Any ideas?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
allow it to stand for a while with it saying code. the wait will go up with the amont of wrong codes once = 20 sec wait twice = 50sec wait and so on repeated wrong codes will block it.

same here! i entered it so may times as being wrong (even though its the one in the book), 'ERROR' has been stuck on the screen for 4 days... i asked renault could they give me the real code and they wanted 35 quid!

CTR--VX220D
Well I got the code.... entered it in - pressed and held 6 - and now I just get CODE!

Grrrrrrr!

Its my track car and have rippe dout the CD player but it would be nice to have a radio!

yeah i tried allsorts... entry of the code via the stalk, and confiming with stalk...... entry with stalk and confirm with '6'...... entry with numbers on unit and then confirm on stalk.... none worked all i get is ERROR and the unit locks up.... good job the new alpine will be here tommorow grrrr

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
dont worry chris im on it. yea you have to leave the radio on for it to reset see above in the thread it doubles each time you get it wrong. to many times blocks the radio

mine took 4 days to reset this time (but probably only a few hours seeing as it only counts when the cars on i think?)... i told reno at the service and they said we'l try it, i explained the wrong code was in the book but they continued to try and use it... so it got barred again... they then checked on the computer and the code was different to the book... but suprise suprise it cant be entered due to it being blocked again... just a waiting game again i suppose...