ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio code wont stay registered???

1.4RT
I've just bought myself a MK1 1.4RT which has the original stereo in it. I'm thinking about getting a new one but for the moment I'm gonna stick with the OE. The only problem is that it doesn't keep the code properly and everytime I start the car I have to re-enter the code. Is this a common problem or is there something that I should be looking for that is disconnected or faulty? All of the station presets are saved every time but not the code???

J

jamesy

the h/u must be loosing power completely everytime you turn the engine off thus resetting it

1.6 focus zetec....
I had the answer on the tip of my tongue but couldnt put it into words lol^^^

Something to do with swapping two wires over but i cant think what two they are...its to late lol

Kiza

1.4RT
jamesy said:
the h/u must be loosing power completely everytime you turn the engine off thus resetting it

But it keeps the presets? I'm very confused! KIZA, if you think of it, please get back to me as its slightly annoying!!!

J

jamesy

well often the yellow wire (memory) is needed to be joined to red (constant live) but just to store settings however the unit is loosing power alltogether when switched off, even with the switched power off thus turning the h/u off there should still be a 12v feed retaining the code this must be cut off aswell

J

jamesy

just seen your previous post on settings being retained now im baffled:S