ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio radio problem?

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a 2003 Clio and every time I turn the ignition on I have to enter the radio code. So if I enter the code the radio will work fine but if I turn the ignition off it will ask me to enter the radio code again. The garage said the woman had fitted an aftermarket head unit and ever scince she put the original one in it, it required the radio code every time to be used. I was just wondering if anyone could help me solve this problem because it's gonna get annoying having to enter the code everytime I get in the car.

Thank you in advance.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Fuse !?

On what logic ??!

Anyway. I'd bet someone's fiddled with the power wires - for some after market models you have to swap the permanent live and ignition live over - I'd bet you a shiny penny that they're the wrong way round, hence every time you turn the ignition off, what it sees as the perm live goes dead.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
As above if it was the fuse the clock and radio wouldnt even turn on

Bloody fuse [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Aha yea I don't think it's a fuse, I just went to have another look and I found 2 wires that have been cut. I will upload some photos to show you.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I'd take that extra peice of wiring loom out and try again, the cut wires look like they're speaker ones which wouldn't affect power

Ok ill try that, i have kenwood head unit spare but there's only space for one of the plugs, is one of the plugs for the stalk? I'm not bothered if the stalk still works or not.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
The yellow square plug works the stalk, the white plug is for the speakers and the black plug does power, memory, antenna etc

Thank you very much for the information :) I found out that I was missing the lead for my Kenwood head unit, which converts the 2 standard plugs into the plug that plugs into the Kenwwood head unit. So all shall be good when it arrives.

Thanks everyone