ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raid access failure on dell xps

Striped track ****
Hi all wonderiff you could help me out im lost my pc has been palying up alot slower and its since i have had this error coming up saying raid access failure..

i think it is somthing to do with one of my 2 harddrives i have tried everything i can think off and its no playing ball

could some1 please shead some light on what my problem is

thanks

i have attached a print screen of the error !

Untitled-3.jpg

Black 197
Either that or delete the RAID drive and re-stripe it then restore.. happend on mine and worked ever since.. Thats the prob with RAID set up's..

Sweet when working but can cause some serious issues when its goes pear shaped

tbh id buy a new drive rather than delete the array then need to buy a new drive when that doesnt work

if you go and have a look at the raid controller bios it should list more detailed SMART errors

Striped track ****
bit out my league tbh but thanks for the response

mcbunny how do i veiw my raid controller bios is that on startup

and also when the pc is runny slow you can hear a clickling like it is coming from one of the hard drives :S

the drive is 100% fooked then

on bootup it should say something like press control s or something to enter dell raid controler

Black 197
the drive is 100% fooked then

on bootup it should say something like press control s or something to enter dell raid controler

+1 they generally click when reading writing but if the ticking is slow then usually means its fubarred.. On my XPS M1730 i had a raid failure but luckily it told me the HDD so i swapped that out

Better than yours. C*nt.
They should never click. Clicking means reseeking.

As McBunny said, replace the drive (looks like it's HDD1 from that message) and all should be well.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Or better yet.. while your down the shops..

buy two drives.. replace broken drive and set additional drive up as a hot spare.

Oh and make sure you get as close to the size of the hard drive you are replacing (must be equal or more) as if you have a raid 1 with 500gb drives then buy a 1TB you will just be wasting 500GB.