ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rain after clay and before wax

mk2 clio 172 ph1
im a noob at detailing so bear with me,

so set off today to give the car a good clean.
gave the alloys a good scrub with a wheel brush and car shampoo and after washed the car via two bucket.
than clay with the meguiars smooth surface clay kit for the first time.
just as i finish claying it started pouring and didn't have a chance to wax..

how horrible is it to the paint?
should i clay the car once more before waxing it? or is it ok just once?

cheers
Or

Fiesta ST-3
Just wait until it stops raining, or get the car under cover. Dry the surface water off and wax. You could use a paint cleaner before wax if you wish.

You should always wash the car AND polish after claying, in my eyes.

At least use a paint cleanser that will give the wax a good surface to bond to.

What wax are you using?

Megane 225
Wash the car, then dry with a microfibre towel and polish. Then wax it! By the way, wtf are you waxing in this weather? It's far too cold for that carry on!! You'll find it extremely hard to get the wax to cure!!

mk2 clio 172 ph1
You should always wash the car AND polish after claying, in my eyes.

At least use a paint cleanser that will give the wax a good surface to bond to.

What wax are you using?

i'd never used polish and quite afraid to do damage the paint really. is it really necessary?
i usually use turtle wax but i now thought to try the cleaner wax sample i got with the meg's smooth surface kit..
any proper detailing products are actually very difficult to obtain in Israel and i'm relying on Ebay to get what i need. tho shipping prices are a pain:dapprove:

Wash the car, then dry with a microfibre towel and polish. Then wax it! By the way, wtf are you waxing in this weather? It's far too cold for that carry on!! You'll find it extremely hard to get the wax to cure!!

I live in Israel mate, winter here is like mid summer in the UK;)

Mini Cooper S
Even Autoglym SRP would do the trick as a polish before wax. Where abouts in Jewland? I <3 Israel :)

Megane 225
i'd never used polish and quite afraid to do damage the paint really. is it really necessary?
i usually use turtle wax but i now thought to try the cleaner wax sample i got with the meg's smooth surface kit..
any proper detailing products are actually very difficult to obtain in Israel and i'm relying on Ebay to get what i need. tho shipping prices are a pain:dapprove:

I live in Israel mate, winter here is like mid summer in the UK;)

My bad!! I'll have to move there to escape this s**t-hole!

The cleaner wax is not good as polishes go, but better than nothing. You mustn't be worried about polishing, by hand you are not going to do any harm to the paint work unless you are realllllllllyyyyy stupid! Super Resin would be OK, maybe Lime Prime if you can?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cleaner wax is good for toilet bleach I hear.

Oh and I didn't even know it rained in Isreal!

Pics of the car?

mk2 clio 172 ph1
Even Autoglym SRP would do the trick as a polish before wax. Where abouts in Jewland? I <3 Israel :)

I live in Ra'anana.
don't like it here too much really. very difficult living. especially for a motorhead since motorsports are actually illegal(!) here.
thinking seriously about moving abroad, possibly to Germany.

BTW thanx for the Autoglym SRP reference. just placed an order on Ebay.UK:)

My bad!! I'll have to move there to escape this s**t-hole!

we can switch mate;)
don't like it here either

The cleaner wax is not good as polishes go, but better than nothing. You mustn't be worried about polishing, by hand you are not going to do any harm to the paint work unless you are realllllllllyyyyy stupid! Super Resin would be OK, maybe Lime Prime if you can?

just ordered the Autoglym SRP on Ebay
cheers

Cleaner wax is good for toilet bleach I hear.

Oh and I didn't even know it rained in Isreal!

Pics of the car?

yeah it rains here, not so much tho.
I only have this one very poor quality pic of the car but i promise to post more pics after waxing!

0048.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Well played mate looks great!

Plenty of info on here aswell.

Love the flamers! Get some pics up once it's clean!

mk2 clio 172 ph1
pics as promised,

outside done:
rinse
wash
meguiar's clay
rinse
meguiar's cleaner wax
buff
STP son of a gun on plastics
window cleaner
STP tire care on rubbers

interior done:
razor some bobbles from the driver and passenger seats
vacuum seats
baby wipe all alcantara bits
leather care on all leather parts
vacuum carpets and car floor
STP tuff stuff on car floor

*dash is a bit sticky and i'm a bit afraid to do it any damage so i let it be and just dust it.
**will give it another proper clean as soon as my SRP will arrive.

P1110016.jpg

P1110013.jpg

P1110014.jpg

P1110012.jpg

P1110011.jpg

P1110009.jpg

P1110010.jpg

P1110008.jpg

P1110007.jpg

P1110004.jpg

P1110005.jpg

P1110021.jpg

P1110022.jpg

P1110023.jpg

P1110024.jpg

P1110025.jpg

P1110020.jpg

Looks great! There is no Thumbsup icon on this site, but you're getting one :)

Re the dash, some simple all purpose cleaner on a microfibre will do you just fine. Not sure what you'll have over there, but something like a very weak soapy solution?