ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rainx - its brilliant

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
How long is 15ml of G1 likely to last? Is it like a sample bottle or enough to do a few coats and keep them going for a year?

Or is it worth forking out for the 100ml?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What about this stuff then?

[video=youtube_share;HJzB-TWH3B8]http://youtu.be/HJzB-TWH3B8[/video]

Made by Autobrite mate. Only Nanolex compares to G1 durability wise. The others will fade quicker.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How long is 15ml of G1 likely to last? Is it like a sample bottle or enough to do a few coats and keep them going for a year?

Or is it worth forking out for the 100ml?

15ml will probably do more than 3 cars with 3 layers each.

Bare in mind if applied correctly and new wipers used and looked after it'll last 2 years+. You can quote me on that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Watch the video of application on YT and follow it to the letter and you'll be fine.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah I know mate. Just had a nose on amazon, are there different companies that make it or is it just one brand?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If it doesn't last as long, lets say six months that's fine, I tend not to keep my cars too long lol.

Not a 320d
+1 my car usually starts off steamed up on a cold morning then about 5 mins later is un-steamed. You been smashing your missus and building up the old condensation?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
So i went for 'anglewax h2go' after reading some decent reviews on it. £6 a bottle too. Will see how i get on.

ITB BG 182
Just learnt that the anti fog variant of rainx is utter tripe. Works well for the first 2/3 hours of driving then just greases up.
The rainx stuff is s**te unless you properly clean the inside window with polish and still then you'll need 3-4 coats for it to last over a month.

Get Carpro Figfight, simple clean the inside and apply. Ive sprayed steam onto the window and it does not fog up at all, bathroom mirrors writing Boo! on them usually gets a squeel when the other half went for a bath.

And fogfight is £4.85 off i4D...

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
GTechniq vote here. Worked ace on the new Clio, took a lot more work on the Mondeo with its 95k on the clock.