ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rapid SUpercharged 306 gti6

Polo GTi
Got to agree with you there! Wayne knows his s**t!!!

I think this is the same car that was at the WilliamsClio/306 forum joint track day we went on at Anglesey, cant see the vid though, think he was called Rich, the 306 was metallic red, fast as f**k though, seemed to struggle on the corners but pulled it back on the straights.

EDIT: Just seen the youtube vid, yeah tis the same car at Anglesey :D.

yeah this is the one , rich works with us at lynx in regards to high performance cars , we have addressed our cornering issues now with roller bearing wishbone bushes and a lsd .

as for power on a clio , we are going closly matched performance as our 306's ie 250-270 hp on standard internals and around 400hp on a forged internal set up .

Cool, sounded awesome on the straights, and looked a nice job with the engine, good work lads

250-270 on the standard internals? Thats not gonna be pretty...

and why do you say that ? do you understand the forces of a supercharged engine ? i think clearly not

It was my understanding that charged engines (turbo or super) running that kind of power on the 1*2 engine needed uprated internals. I have never claimed to understand the forces of a supercharged engine and I am not really that bothered about understanding them.

a thirsty one
bothered enough to post in the thread that you think it needs uprated internals though.

i think revs are known to kill and 1*2 unit as gdi showed with their r+d work which was pretty interesting to watch, always nice to see people trying things with the clio unit, could be the best bhp per £ mod available if it all goes well.

clio cup 172
supercharged engines when using the correct type of charger are actually much stonger than a n/a unit . Unlike a turbo where you have a x amount of of lag the supercharged engine has a constant supply of boost pressure that increase's throught the rev range , bearing damage due to excess rpm is usually caused on the inlet stroke where the big end bolts have the task off pulling everything back to bdc , with a charged engine possitive pressure entering the cylinders helps these little fellers out actually allowing you to saftley run a higher rpm ( obviously there are other factors involved)
Many companys have been charging standard engines for years without any problems , just need to build in a good saftey margin and you can see just as many miles out of the engine as you would a unmolested one .

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
BenR worked out my SC f4r and you really wouldnt want to take it over 280hp with stock internals.

the pistons are made of cheese and the rods are cack

but nice to see somone else is doing the kit.

standard clutch slips around 250hp 220 lbft

and the box's are weak. if you have a cup then the diff will be held in by a circlip and they blow out over 250 hp with hard abuse.

the 182 have a bolt on crown wheel , as does my avanti box, which would be good to look into

a further point of restriction is the inlet and plenham, i have had mine re-designed this using DTH ITB runners with a jenvy TB

mine should produce around 430 when done and it has cost a fortune...mutch like the 6 you have done there :D

Last edited:
  C63 AMG, F430 & 172
^keep us updated on how you get on

definatley change the rod bolts though!

i thought the bolts were ok, ive seen plenty of bent rods. but never a bolt go

i fitted the ARP bolts to mine with the forged rods

bothered enough to post in the thread that you think it needs uprated internals though.

i think revs are known to kill and 1*2 unit as gdi showed with their r+d work which was pretty interesting to watch, always nice to see people trying things with the clio unit, could be the best bhp per £ mod available if it all goes well.

I'd rather not end up reading about them having blown up an engine, hence my original comment.

supercharged engines when using the correct type of charger are actually much stonger than a n/a unit . Unlike a turbo where you have a x amount of of lag the supercharged engine has a constant supply of boost pressure that increase's throught the rev range , bearing damage due to excess rpm is usually caused on the inlet stroke where the big end bolts have the task off pulling everything back to bdc , with a charged engine possitive pressure entering the cylinders helps these little fellers out actually allowing you to saftley run a higher rpm ( obviously there are other factors involved)
Many companys have been charging standard engines for years without any problems , just need to build in a good saftey margin and you can see just as many miles out of the engine as you would a unmolested one .

Fair enough, I look forward to seeing the results!

clio cup 172
BenR worked out my SC f4r and you really wouldnt want to take it over 280hp with stock internals.

the pistons are made of cheese and the rods are cack

but nice to see somone else is doing the kit.

standard clutch slips around 250hp 220 lbft

and the box's are weak. if you have a cup then the diff will be held in by a circlip and they blow out over 250 hp with hard abuse.

the 182 have a bolt on crown wheel , as does my avanti box, which would be good to look into

a further point of restriction is the inlet and plenham, i have had mine re-designed this using DTH ITB runners with a jenvy TB

mine should produce around 430 when done and it has cost a fortune...mutch like the 6 you have done there :D

yeah to be honest ben we will most likely cap the hp at 245-250 due to the box issue's , I belive your using a rotex charger ( c30-94) i imagine , we are dealers of rotrex so if there is any parts or information you require just pm me

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yes im using a 94 with a 85 mm pully (crank is 123mm)

i thought tts were the only importer? (think GMC) do up north?

clio cup 172

tts and gmc both import , we've recieved our dealer pack about 6 months ago , wasn't easy to become a dealer though they like to limit the number of outlets , they were so impressed with our 306 bas speekenbrink from rotex came over for a meeting with us and tts and then set us up as a dealer.

tts and gmc both import , we've recieved our dealer pack about 6 months ago , wasn't easy to become a dealer though they like to limit the number of outlets , they were so impressed with our 306 bas speekenbrink from rotex came over for a meeting with us and tts and then set us up as a dealer.

Is a supercharger conversion on standard compression a viable option on a daily driver?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yea should be fine mark. but arnt you running group n pistons?

as long as you dont go over 250hp

two ways,, either fit a smaller charger with a smaller pully or a big charger which wont be as stressed but with a big pully.

its not as black and white as that but you get the jist!

i had to change to a 94 as to get the boost i needed! we would of had to spin the 74 at 40% over speed LOL BOOOOM!

you already have omex management, so as long as your CAT cams dont overlap witht the boost then .... do it!

get a AWT head on there too :cool:

I have stock internals in my engine.

SC conversion would be nice but sourcing the parts to do a bespoke kit would be a pain in the arse and with no benchmark for performance and reliability there is a level of uncertainty. I suppose you have done a fair bit of the hardwork though. What would these parts cost?

SC
Bracket
injectors
intercooler

two ways,, either fit a smaller charger with a smaller pully or a big charger which wont be as stressed but with a big pully.

i had to change to a 94 as to get the boost i needed! we would of had to spin the 74 at 40% over speed LOL BOOOOM!

you already have omex management, so as long as your CAT cams dont overlap witht the boost then .... do it!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I have stock internals in my engine.

SC conversion would be nice but sourcing the parts to do a bespoke kit would be a pain in the arse and with no benchmark for performance and reliability there is a level of uncertainty. I suppose you have done a fair bit of the hardwork though. What would these parts cost?

SC
Bracket
injectors
intercooler

depends .. new?

well ben has made the bracket for mine, so you keep all the original AUX setup inc rad etc - not sure on the price but the r&d is done (ask ben)

new chargers? i can get a brand new 74 or 94 inc a pully for £1200 inc all the oil lines, filter etc :cool:

second hand around £700 but most are the old models which dont self pump etc

then you would need a oil cooler for the charger, mocal sell them for £60

i would fit a engine oil cooler too (£150 for the thermo plate, lines and cooler)

not sure on your injectors, there about £330 but dont you already have peco 43's?

intercooler and pipework id say £250

then your re map (£300?)

if it were me id also fit a group N clutch for £200

so if the bracket and anyodds and sods cost £300

you could be boosting for £2700-£2800

depends .. new?

well ben has made the bracket for mine, so you keep all the original AUX setup inc rad etc - not sure on the price but the r&d is done (ask ben)

new chargers? i can get a brand new 74 or 94 inc a pully for £1200 inc all the oil lines, filter etc :cool:

i would fit a engine oil cooler too (£150 for the thermo plate, lines and cooler)

not sure on your injectors, there about £330 but dont you already have peco 43's?

then your re map (£300?)

Its not far off what on ITB setup would cost me......

How does the bracket integrate into the existing aux setup on an air con car?

Is it as straight forward as removing the air con and bolting on bracket and charger or is there more to modify?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
depends .. new?

then your re map (£300?)

Its not far off what on ITB setup would cost me......

How does the bracket integrate into the existing aux setup on an air con car?

Is it as straight forward as removing the air con and bolting on bracket and charger or is there more to modify?

pm'd ;)