ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rather pissed off with MBP

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
So after getting my 15" MBP i realised it had a problem. The entire left hand side of the keyboard was kinda bent. Had to hit each key really hard. So i went and got it replaced. Great.

Got home and that tapping from underneath started. I didn't have it with the first one. But its really annoying. tap tap tap..... So once again i go in. They said yes its common we will just swap it and give you another new one.

So here i am the day after getting my 3rd MBP and guess what. The clicking is worse than the previous..

What do i do now? Get it changed again? Get a refund and get a cheaper laptop and my new 46" TV?

I want to write a little email but cant ind any contact details.......

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i would just go back, go mental get it replaced see what freebies you can get and check it in the shop for any random noises... tbh if u called apple im pretty sure they would send someone out to you with a new one...

Go cry to your momma!
You referring to the HDD clicking or the bottom case mate?
I've cured mine for good now. The tape didn't do the trick, but taking out the earthing pins that are in a black bar sat behind the RAM has sorted it out - some of the genius' are known to remove them to resolve it too.
If it's the HDD click that's miffing you off, disable the sudden motion sensor or buy an SSD. Just don't drop the thing if you disable the sudden motion sensor.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Its not the HDD mate.Its the annoying tapping. Does my head in. When you spend £1500 on a laptop i shouldn't have to do retro fixes. This current laptop is only a few days old.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Common issue with post Late '09 MBP's.

Take it back to Apple and get a brand new one.

They've recently replaced my dented MBP (which I dented) with a brand new one for me, so I'll not have a bad word said about them. ;)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
if you are based in the NW go to the trafford centre one. they will replace anything for you. my friend works there. their temp store didnt have security atall. because if you walk out with something no member of staff is allowed to say anything as they have to assume good intent. so if i was pretending to buy an iphone 4 i could pick up it in the box and walk out and they have to assume im going there to come back after trialing it and then buy it. its absolutely insane.

Megane 225 F1
if you are based in the NW go to the trafford centre one. they will replace anything for you. my friend works there. their temp store didnt have security atall. because if you walk out with something no member of staff is allowed to say anything as they have to assume good intent. so if i was pretending to buy an iphone 4 i could pick up it in the box and walk out and they have to assume im going there to come back after trialing it and then buy it. its absolutely insane.

So you're saying they are going to allow you to steal from them? Or am I misunderstanding this.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
pretty much. no member of staff can do anything. only the manager can ring for the trafford centre security, but if you are quick enough then you can get away with it. ridiculous.

That's the policy with a lot of places. If they tell you to try and stop a thief then it comes with all sorts of H&S b****cks.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Not now anyway. The new store is open, if if that was true.
still is true. have you not noticed they dont have security tags on their boxes etc. the main thing is with software, they own all the rights to it, so if someone steals a copy of logic they have only lost like 50p that it costs them for the disk and packaging.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
still is true. have you not noticed they dont have security tags on their boxes etc. the main thing is with software, they own all the rights to it, so if someone steals a copy of logic they have only lost like 50p that it costs them for the disk and packaging.

Loads of security in the store when I went. :S

So because something doesn't have a security tag on and there isn't a guard on the door, that means you can steal whatever you want?

It's not an offence to stick half a dozen iMacs in a bag. The problem arises when you leave the store. That's when it's theft.

I think you'll find most shops, regardless of it being Apple or Tesco, will tell staff to just let them walk away. You never know who you're challenging. They might start crying 'I'm really sorry but I couldn't afford an iPhone 4 and nobody takes me seriously with a 3GS' or they might be a aids infested smackhead who would stab his own mother for a fix. It's not worth the risk. Thats what security/Police are for.

Megane 225 F1
So because something doesn't have a security tag on and there isn't a guard on the door, that means you can steal whatever you want?

It's not an offence to stick half a dozen iMacs in a bag. The problem arises when you leave the store. That's when it's theft.

I think you'll find most shops, regardless of it being Apple or Tesco, will tell staff to just let them walk away. You never know who you're challenging. They might start crying 'I'm really sorry but I couldn't afford an iPhone 4 and nobody takes me seriously with a 3GS' or they might be a aids infested smackhead who would stab his own mother for a fix. It's not worth the risk. Thats what security/Police are for.

This. I stand at the front of the store I work in on the kiosk. If the alarms go off, all I can do is stand there looking at the people with a an inviting smile on my face. If they come back, awesome. If not, oh well.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
This. I stand at the front of the store I work in on the kiosk. If the alarms go off, all I can do is stand there looking at the people with a an inviting smile on my face. If they come back, awesome. If not, oh well.
Never said you can steal what you want. im just saying it is possible.

RS200
The clicking that you refer to, does it happen when you move the macbook, or when it's sat still on a desk? As all macbooks click when they're moved sharply as it's just the drive heads being parked to prevent damaged. Mine does it if I pick it up and move it when the HDD is working.

Obviously if it's all the time when it's not being moved, then take it back and they'll replace it again.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Called them today, I have a genius bar appointment tomorrow. The guy on the phone said how sorry he was. He said its unusual to see someone have it replaced 4 times in as many weeks. He said he cant say yet but for my troubles when the problem is resolved they will offer me something as a good will... Would it be rude to ask for an Ipad? lol

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Lol. That would be mega compo. I'd be happy with a £25 iTunes gift card :D

Wouldn't surprise me if you got an iPod or something.

Depends who you get and how sorry they are. Ask to speak to a manager and say you'd like to compensated. You're in London aren't you? So you're going to one of the big stores.

When you speak to the manager, tell them you're going to speak to Crispin Lowery (head of Apple UK Retail, they'll know exactly who he is) if you don't get a satisfactory solution ;)

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Collected my 4TH MBP today. So far so good....

I find out tomorrow what there going to offer me. I wont expect too much but even £20 itunes voucher would do..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ask for an iPad. I'm not even joking.

I complained about my 3G having to go for repair twice in as many weeks. They told me not to make an appointment, but just to wait for a brand new 3GS to be delivered. They didn't even want the old 3G back.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Ask for an iPad. I'm not even joking.

I complained about my 3G having to go for repair twice in as many weeks. They told me not to make an appointment, but just to wait for a brand new 3GS to be delivered. They didn't even want the old 3G back.

I fully intend to lol. Iv driven to the Apple store and back 4 times which is 40 mile round trip. Time off work? So called work. so on.....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i went ape s**t at apple today... called about a issue i have which is clearly down to the battery being dead... first guy said this was the case went through a couple things told me to leave the mbp running and if it shut down to call back and they would send me a new battery... he was nice enough

called back, next guy was unhelpful told me he wouldnt send me a new battery and i should go to a apple service centre or a apple store... i dont get how the first guy was saying yeh battery issue then this second guy didnt really give a f**k... im gonna call up tomorrow and hopefully speak to someone useful then prob go book a genius appt... and get it replaced :/ just effort and a 100 mile round trip i could do without!