ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle coming from rear interior and it's drvin me mad

ph1 172 Black
Hi

Got a ph1 172 and there is a rattle coming from somewhere. I've emptied spare wheel well and put everything back in. I've removed boot cover and check rear wiper. I've tigtened boot catch.

It sounds like one of the rear seats isn't clipped back but does it if I unclip them and push em forward. It's drving me mad. Seem to start after I put a sub in boot d'oh.

Any ideas where to look?

Thanks

ph1 172 Black
Wouldn't think it's heat shield cause it rattles to easy. Something in a panel might be it but how do you get rear ones off? Bumper feels solid

S4 Avant
Well it could easily be the heat shield if it's corroded away from the washers like mine did, I found mine sat across the top of my back boxes!

In regards to removing panels, I'd ask Gray, he's brilliant at removing interiors.

BG 182 FF
a new rear exhaust mount because the rubber part had perished, helped to sort the rattle I had coming from mine

S4 Avant
I'd doubt it's the strut tops "rattling"

If you're really local, I'd offer a hand in finding out what it is.

I've cured that many rattles on my car it's daft

172 Ph1
i have a Ph1 also and recently i had a rattle when pulling away, i located it to be the left rear head rest rattling in the guides, i adjusted it higher and the noise went.
Hope this helps