ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle from underside of engine !

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
There used to be a clunkwhen i pulled away along with a rattle on tick over (can hear more through mackies drive through due to echo) , took it to renault and it was the upper engine mount, 120quid ish worse off thats fixed.

Driving home and stood at the lights the rattle was still there, the clunk had been fixed !! i thought i bet its the catalytic convertor blown to bits and just rattling, was getting a decat put on soon so it did not bother me.

Back from prospeed with a full system and at the lights !!! yea the rattle is still there....

This has been rattling like this for a few months before the new exhaust was on

its booked in at renault on monday but i know there going to say its due to my decat or come up with somthing like that to make me pay...

does anyone know what the rattle is, sounds like some cowling hitting somthing, its only on tick over when i rev it it goes, but ive noticed it sometimes does it coming off the throttle at low speed.

anyone ?

Re: F***ing rattle from underside of engine !

it could be the heat shield mine does it too!

well,,, after it doing this for months was booked in to renault today, on the way there it stopped, i looked like a right idiot at renault when the noise had just vanished, they couldent see any signs of wear either,,, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

will come back tomorrow sat in traffic !!