ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle/squeek from the dials area ...

Clio 182FF
Greets,

My Clio sometimes rattles from the dash area. When I put my hand on top of the dash where the dials are it stops. Any one know of any problem areas here? Removing and refitting the dash, greasing a certain area? Any ideas?

I don't think it's the dial area themselves, it's the big plastic top dash that when I hold it, it stops!

Clio 182FF
Haha I know, but this one is really really REALLY annoying. I just can pin point it!

It's like a little mouse is having a fit.

Clio 182FF
Intermittent on mine too. It's SOOOO annoying to the point of me wacking the dash board while driving to make it stop!

Cheerys anyway swirly lol :)

1.2 16v clio sport
I have this problem, it only happens somtimes, but it really gets me annoyed!! i keep on hitting the dash untill it stops!

iceberg 172
Intermittent on mine too. It's SOOOO annoying to the point of me wacking the dash board while driving to make it stop!

Cheerys anyway swirly lol :)

i had this so i found out it was coming from the top dash abovt the clocks so i wedged i 5p coin right in so it couldnt be seen. rattle gone:cool:

yap

51 Clio 172
French made. I removed my dash and taped down all the loose bits I could find. No more rattles now.

if its a sqweeking noise i have one and its driving me mad!, prob is not sure where its coming from , i think i have read somewhere if the bracket near the strut top that hold your ecu in place is broken it can sqweek. going get mine welded next week see if it stops.
As for general dash rattles , i pulled the entire thing out and used little bits of sound deadening to hold all the rattling clips in place then i stuck down some anti rattle foam sheet everywhere other then the air bag and put it all back into place, working so far :)

1.2 16v clio sport
I put a soft sponge between top dash around the clocks, this worked for about 2 weeks and then the rattle came back!! STRANGE and its sooo annoying!!