ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattley Exhaust Heat Shield

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Has anyone else experience this?

I have looked under the back of our new (to us anyway) Clio 182 and the heatshield on the rear offside of the car is quite loose. It can be moved up and down and is knocking when going over bumps, etc.

Would this be fixed under warranty?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Try it, but for less effort and reliability i'd try and secure it with cable ties.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Thanks. I've had a look and it appears it may been secured with a rubber washer or something??? which has fallen off. Can anyone have a look for me???

ex-H&R'd Cup
Thanks. I've had a look and it appears it may been secured with a rubber washer or something??? which has fallen off. Can anyone have a look for me???

I've got the same problem with mine. There seems to be a bolt or something missing just above the rear of the silencer.

Does anyone know what this is as i cant quite get to it to see???

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
there held on with 10mm nuts but the heatshield rots out around the bolt and falls off. you need to undo the 10mm and use a big washer to hold it up