ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB 182 driving like a penis

182 FF sport clio RB
My mate saw you driving back towards bristol and you over took 4 cars in a 60 and then overtook another car on a junction......... Was you running from the police or something.

W

WAR 23N

Hahaha, made me laugh this thread!! Too many penis' on the roads :race:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus, everyone just seems to want to b**ch about everyone elses driving in here lately.

If you want a response from the person in question it'd be better to just say spotted, then when they go "yeah that was me" then say "You were driving like a f**king tool"

No one is going to admit it in here...

Phase 2 172 Sport
Jesus, everyone just seems to want to b**ch about everyone elses driving in here lately.

If you want a response from the person in question it'd be better to just say spotted, then when they go "yeah that was me" then say "You were driving like a f**king tool"

No one is going to admit it in here...

+1. This.

Not really alot of info where and what time or any thing !! Lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Wasnt me but I do actually use my relatively high performance cars for things like overtaking occasionally, so one day it may well be.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Overtaking 4 cars in a 60. For all we know the 4 cars could have been doing 30.

Or they might have been doing nearly 60 and he sped a bit to overtake them, again its hardly crime of the century TBH by the sounds of it, Im sure most of us do that occasionally.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I'd guess the majority do it.

If it was a 60 I'm guessing it may have been a NSL road. In which case there is nothing worse than getting caught behind a bunch of drag arses when you just want to enjoy the drive.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Or they might have been doing nearly 60 and he sped a bit to overtake them, again its hardly crime of the century TBH by the sounds of it, Im sure most of us do that occasionally.

I do, routinely. It's either punch past 3 or 4 dawdlers and creep over the limit while doing so, or sit behind them, on single lane B roads, doing 35-45 mph, for 26 miles?

Nah.

Last edited:
  120d M Sport
Overtaking 4 cars in a 60. For all we know the 4 cars could have been doing 30.

Try driving across mid Wales. I regularly used to overtake 5-6 cars in one go on my journeys out to Aberystwyth, beats sitting at 45mph for ages behind slow moving traffic that won't overtake each other.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
No, I'm sparcatus

NO! I. Am. Sparcatusss!!

As for overtaking I think its fine as long as you don't come steaming up behind (That's when it went wrong for me anyway) I ALWAYS make sure they know I'm there now.

275 Trophy
Really don't know why some people come on here if they're not into cars. What's wrong with overtaking 4 cars as long as it was safe? So what if he went over the limit to do it? As already said, it's not a massive crime, nobody got killed. Why buy a half decent car if not to do this sort of thing?

I often get stuck behind cars that will do 60 on a straight, but slow to 35 on the bends that are still easy at 60. Doing 80 past them on the straight is okay in my book.

Listerine & Poledo
I prefer to slipstream. Get a decent tow out of 3, then sell the dummy up the inside before making the pass around the outside into turn 4.

_48188811_brundlestill.gif

#straighttothesceneoftheaccident

Last edited:
  182 FF sport clio RB
All I've been told is, he was driving at another level of "t**t" And did a horrific amounts of overtaking in the 60 where the road was very narrow, then they came to a junction in a 30 and this guy just literately just over took round him lol... Believe it must have been aswful as he does love to gun his elise.

PB Clio 172
All I've been told is, he was driving at another level of "tw*t" And did a horrific amounts of overtaking in the 60 where the road was very narrow, then they came to a junction in a 30 and this guy just literately just over took round him lol... Believe it must have been aswful as he does love to gun his elise.

call the CS police someone was driving like a penis !

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
All I've been told is, he was driving at another level of "tw*t" And did a horrific amounts of overtaking in the 60 where the road was very narrow, then they came to a junction in a 30 and this guy just literately just over took round him lol... Believe it must have been aswful as he does love to gun his elise.

So basically your mate lost a race and no he is upset a clio beat him? lol

182 FF sport clio RB
yes he's upset he lost a race to a clio yet he owns a car that does 0-60 in 4.9 seconds... Good one.

Amazes me how some people jump on bandwagons...

I overtake in safe places and will exceed the speed limit if necessary to get past someone who is being slower in bends on a NSL road, but the OP is referring to a bell end who, I am sure everyone has seen an example of, overtaking in silly places, putting other people at risk.

There is a difference between driving your performance car quickly on a fast road and driving like a tool with reckless disregard for other peoples safety.

182 FF sport clio RB
Amazes me how some people jump on bandwagons...

I overtake in safe places and will exceed the speed limit if necessary to get past someone who is being slower in bends on a NSL road, but the OP is referring to a bell end who, I am sure everyone has seen an example of, overtaking in silly places, putting other people at risk.

There is a difference between driving your performance car quickly on a fast road and driving like a tool with reckless disregard for other peoples safety.

Thanks! You've basically said what I wanted to say but really couldn't be bothered lol, spot on!

Also if you think seriously a Clio would have him in the twisties you're completely mad, the Elise is another level.

Swift Sport
I pull out to overtake, then get back in once the oncoming car starts flashing his lights at me. It's tricky to master.

Swift Sport
And if they don't flash? Normally they flash to congratulate you on superb driving, I think.

No it's to let you know it's safe to get back in. Lorry drivers do it all the time.

I don't know what happens if they don't flash, I always wait for the signal.

RB 182
Just try not to take on an exige 260... You kinda look a prat (speaking from experience) was fun never the less but he always had the running..