ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB washed, polished and waxed (pic heavy)

RB One Eight Two
Well after getting my coilovers fitted yesterday and being abit bored this afternoon, I decided to give the RB a good wash, polish and a wax. I thought I would try out the sample pot of Dodo Juice Blue Velvet which I picked up at FCS last week. I am really impressed with the result, really easy to apply and really easy to buff off. Anyway here are quite a few pics.

Products used - Washed with AG Shampoo, dried with MF cloth, Polished with AG SRP, then waxed with Dodo Juice Blue Velvet.

After I had washed and dried it...

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Next up Polished with AG SRP...

IMG_0010-1.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

then waxed with Blue Velvet...

IMG_0024.jpg

Half buffed...

IMG_0027.jpg

Fully buffed. Really impressed with this wax, gives a really glossy finish

IMG_0029.jpg

and finally after I had finished I took it for some pics. Really pleased with the stance of the car now after getting the coilovers fitted yesterday. I am about done now on the appearance of the car, next thing to do is paint the calipers silver and re-paint the interior strips silver or Racing Blue.

Comments welcome :D

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

Cheers

Ash

Fiesta ST3
fantastic mate

did you not have time to clay the car? i reckon would of been ideal time to do it (if not already done recently)

Last edited:
  RB One Eight Two
Cheers for the comments guys :D

Looks perfect

Thanks fella ;)

fantastic mate

did you not have time to clay the car? i reckon would of been ideal time to do it (if nit already done recently)

Cheers mate. I would have clayed it mate, but it was clayed not too long ago so didn't need doing.

Fiesta ST3
cool :)

how many layers do you think you can get out of the Dodo Juice Blue Velvet panel pot?

i fancy trying some Dodo Juice Blue Supernatural on mine soon

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Lovely good example of an RB.
That wax is amazing ive got about 5 layers on mine and not even half way through the pot yet lasts ages

RB One Eight Two
cool :)

how many layers do you think you can get out of the Dodo Juice Blue Velvet panel pot?

i fancy trying some Dodo Juice Blue Supernatural on mine soon

Like Will6 said, I imagine it will last ages as my little pot after one coat has hardly gone down at all. Really good stuff.

Awesome job, love it!

Cheers fella :cool:

RB One Eight Two
i am so very jealous... I HATE YOU!!!!!! :evil:

just kidding, lovely car mate. Perfect.

Lol! Thanks mate, much appreciate it :cool:

hehe the one i have sitting in my hallway !! hope i like it when it gets fitted on weds :S

Awesome Kirsten! You will love it, at first I was like hmmmm, but when you get use to it, it sounds awesome! Get someone to drive it past you, or get someone to video you, so you can hear what it sounds like from the outside, you will love it!

Make sure you get some pics up when its fitted

How are you getting on with the KTR coilovers mate? I've just ordered some along with the alloy top mounts. Not a bad price for what you get. Can't wait to get my berg sitting a little lower on her brand new turini shoes!

RB One Eight Two
K-tec172 - yeah I love them mate, the ride isnt too hard nor is it too soft but handles so well. Plus it has completely transformed the look of my 182 which it needed as it did sit a little bit too high on the standard springs. They are a great price aswell which is a bonus, cant fault them to be honest mate. I didnt get the k-tec top mounts but I might have to invest in some at some point.

Make sure you get some pics up when you get them fitted on your berg :cool:

RB 182
Awesome Kirsten! You will love it, at first I was like hmmmm, but when you get use to it, it sounds awesome! Get someone to drive it past you, or get someone to video you, so you can hear what it sounds like from the outside, you will love it!

Make sure you get some pics up when its fitted

Got fitted yesterday, i like it!

Couple of pics for you (sorry were only taken with iphone, bit pish) though she needs a good bath now, she had been sitting outside my house for2/3 weeks as my original exhaust had basically had it !

onto the next job....... :)

RB One Eight Two
Got fitted yesterday, i like it!

Couple of pics for you (sorry were only taken with iphone, bit pish) though she needs a good bath now, she had been sitting outside my house for2/3 weeks as my original exhaust had basically had it !

onto the next job....... :)

Awesome! Sits really nice :) Do both tips stick out the same amount?