ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re: 172 -12k service

Alfa Mito 155TB

Yesterday my 172 had its 12k service....it went in with a crunching gearbox in 3rd....two mechanics went out in it yesterday afternoon to find the problem, i am sure they had fun. But the car feels smoother and the power is back...its phenominal actually.

My only question is, should they of changed the cabin pollen filter?...they havent on mine and I am really hacked off about it....please let me know

Renault Laguna Coupe

They must have forgotten the filter - they like to change it as often as they can as it costs ££££££ and they add it on to your bill.

VIV J who did your service and how much did it cost? Mine is due soon.

Am I right in thinking you are from my neck of the woods?

When i asked about the price for a service on my cup they tried to tell me that they have to change the pollen filter, having told them several time that my car doesnt have one they still insisted that it did - daft tw*ts!

Alfa Mito 155TB

now the service has been done, I am putting a green cotton filter in the 172 at the weekend, going to buy some cheap torx head screwdrivers

tumbleweed - what did they do to the 3rd gear to solve the problem of crunching? I had the same problem and they said they noticed it too, would need it in for a bit longer and would look at it when they repair a leaking "something" in the gear box. keen to hear what they id to yours though.