ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re fitting a standard radio into a 172

Hi all,

This is my first proper post so firstly I just want to say hi, this really is one of the most useful forums I have ever used.

Anyway, I have recently bought a 172 with no radio/cd player fitted and I am looking at refitting the original one (when I can find the right one with a code!). I have looked at the standard wiring harness and it looks like a standard iso plug which is fine but there is also a yellow plug as well ( about 1cm square). Is this for the remote control or CD changer as I want to retain both when I fit an original radio.

Many thanks in advance

Steve

The original cd player has slots on the back for each.

The main socket for the car, remote control, clock display screen and CD changer if I remeber correctly.

Just a case of slotting the CD player in and plugging it in. Can't really go wrong as the plugs only fit in one slot each

172 cup- suzu rf600r
+1 on Dm's post, also-

you can easily get the code for a standard radio, just type in radio codes in google and youl get plenty sites, i got mine for something like 15-20 quid, you need the numbers off the side of the radio.

there was a guy who did it on here quite cheaply and the money i think was split between helping keep this site going and a charity, if you do a search you should find the thread

Thanks chaps. Is the square yellow plug the one for the steering column control then and the autochanger and clock screen plugs are different ones? If it is, then I can't find the autochanger or screen leads! I might have to dig a bit deeper!

DCi 100
Yellow is the steering collumn.

Should be plug and play if it's just had the headunit changed. If it's been butchered though it might be a case of rewiring alot of stuff from scratch.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Anyone know if the cabasse tunerlist is the standard headunit for 172's? I presume it fits fine?

should look something like this
cabasse.JPG1..jpg

this is one from an ff and has more writing, the cup one has an identical layout but is 4x22 watts instead of the higher spec ff's 4x40 watts.

im not certain on the above figures someone can maybe verify/correct

the other thing you can do though if you want is get any compatible aftermarket headunit and the right adapter kit which would allow you to use the sattelite volume control etc bit

depends what you want