ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-fitting wing mirror help

Some c**t thought it'd be funny to kick my wing mirror off last night, and I can't figure out how to get it back on. I think I'm missing a part, but not sure. Anyway, the photos below show what's there. Is there something missing? If yes, what? If no, how the hell do I get the darned thing back on?!

Cheers for any help.

Photo0055.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
I think its broken, you will need a whole new wing mirror and the bit that goes on the car.

Unless it jsut pushes back on?

After studying the image more, I figured out how it works. I managed to get it back on, but the bit that is attached to the door needs replacing, as when you fold the mirror in, it snaps off again.

I think I need new backing as well, as two of the clips have been snapped off. The main part of the mirror as far as I can tell is OK, but there is a groove in the plastic where the metal clips is held in, so not sure. I'll take it down to R.S Murray and ask their advice.

The car has only been back in Leeds for less than 12 hours, ffs.

After fitting it twice, only to have it come off when I folded it, I took it to RS Murray. Tried to do the same thing again, and of course, it's now working properly.

Still knackered though, so I'll probably have to replace it at some point.

Just in case anybody else needs help on this, the metal tube has a (rusty) spring around it, it needs to be pushed down and then twisted into position on the part that is attached to the door. I used a pair of pliers to do it.

1.2 clio extreme
i had this problem somene thught it would be gd fun to kick it off. Does anyone sell full wing mirrors and looking for a blue/puple one i hink ts blue but boyfrend says its purple. Doe anyone sell them or not painted if cant et it alread painted. PM me if anyne as any please

Thanks Nicola