ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re-mapable deisel?

What is the best deisel to buy that is very responsive to a remap?

I was thinking the Skoda fabia VRS, 130bhp remapped makes around 175 without mods.

(wrong section, damn!!)

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Any with a turbo, TBH

But the fabia does respond well to them, but they run standard between 145 - 150 bhp anywqay, so not as bigger gain as people think.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
majority of the vag tdi engines.

the one in the fabia vrs is an ASZ (130bhp), and the one in the mk4 golf which is an ARL (150bhp) are both very tuneable and make good power.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
The Fabia's from 06 onwards have a BLT instead of the ASZ which makes more power, not much, but still more, mine standard was running 148 bhp after the map it was on 171 bhp. Which is the most that is safe to go with them wiothout upgrading the clutch (1K
+)

MCS R56
Should be getting mine done shortly. Should be good for approx 200bhp and 300 torques, so an increase of around 35bhp and 50lbs/ft of torque.

Clio killer!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Should be getting mine done shortly. Should be good for approx 200bhp and 300 torques, so an increase of around 35bhp and 50lbs/ft of torque.

Clio killer..............!

...........until 3500 rpm. Then you'll have to change gear. ;)

MCS R56
...........until 3500 rpm. Then you'll have to change gear. ;)

I know, they run out of revs super quick but that's because the power and torque arrives so early but they have 6 gears. They already out-drag 1*2's in a quarter mile, so remapping will make a considerable difference.

And they actually rev round to 5k quite easily, although power has gone by around 4k.

Just an example of what remapping a diesel can achieve. All for under £500!

Titanium 182
I nearly bought a modified Ibiza cupra tdi instead of my Ph1, had to cancel the viewing. The lad threw a right strop. I gave him 4 days notice I wasn't coming ffs!

MCS R56
I nearly bought a modified Ibiza cupra tdi instead of my Ph1, had to cancel the viewing. The lad threw a right strop. I gave him 4 days notice I wasn't coming ffs!

At least you let him know! A lot don't. People be crazy.

Did you cancel as you'd bought the 172? Did you test any diesels?

Titanium 182
Cancelled as the 172 came up for 2k bargain, didn't test any but I'm interested in them specially the seats !

Cupped 200
Here is your fault in thining.

When you map a TDI you can map it so it wont run out of breath till 5k rpm.

Just check the Opel Astra (Vauxhall) GTC in Germany, its a 1.9 Diesel, Standard running 150 PS with Particle Filter. So get it remapped. The Point is not to push the Turbo Pressure but the amount of Fuel injected because those Diesels work with too much Air as Standart, youll get it to to 185 PS with big Torque between 380 and 320 NM at 2 and 4,8k Revs. Wich comes btw with a better MPG. And yes, you could get more, but those numbers are achieved with a workinh Particle Filter ;)

BTW, The Diesel Audi which won the 24h of LeMans had Filters too.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
They can handle it as long as it's not been abused and hasn't done a million miles. Anything above 200 & 300 and it would be an upgrade.

Tbh id still rather a 172 than any mapped DIEsel.

Itll still go round a track quicker regardless of torque figures

MCS R56
Tbh id still rather a 172 than any mapped DIEsel.

Itll still go round a track quicker regardless of torque figures

Fair enough. I didn't buy my car for the track, so whatever is faster there doesn't interest me.

Tracks are all about the driver and their ability. A couple of seconds printed in a magazine means nothing to someone with average ability.

Didn't the diesel Seats win lots of touring car championships?

clio 182
iv been told if i map my astra 1.9 cdti it will go from 150bhp to around 200 mark through the sport button mode thingy. both my mates have remapped diesels and both perform quite well. one being a 1.9 tdi golf with the 100bhp standard pdi engine now running around 13o bhp the other being a diesel mondeo st

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Clio killer!

Fair enough. I didn't buy my car for the track, so whatever is faster there doesn't interest me.

Tracks are all about the driver and their ability. A couple of seconds printed in a magazine means nothing to someone with average ability.

Didn't the diesel Seats win lots of touring car championships?

Not interested...? ;)

I jest mate, Your right, Seat Diesels really have paved the way for fast diesels in that respect.

Printed figures are only as reliable as the variables involved like you said :)

MCS R56
Not interested...? ;)

I jest mate, Your right, Seat Diesels really have paved the way for fast diesels in that respect.

Printed figures are only as reliable as the variables involved like you said :)

Was not serious about the Clio killer.

I'm glad you agree!

320d
I'd like to own a mapped derv at some point for the huge torque and high mpg. Maybe as a work car in the future or just for a short stint, I think i'd get bored.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
A mapped tdci focus with 115bhp will consistantly give you 145-150bhp,and much lighter than a golf...

E39 M5 & Corsa track
the 2ltr 140bhp tdi VAG engine gives really good results we find, currently have 200bhp and 365lbft of torque of of mine at the moment, and thats with the standard turbo, new turbo sat here should see 30bhp and 40lbft torque, just need to do a single mass conversion to it.

most vag tdi's give good results tho

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
the 2ltr 140bhp tdi VAG engine gives really good results we find, currently have 200bhp and 365lbft of torque of of mine at the moment, and thats with the standard turbo, new turbo sat here should see 30bhp and 40lbft torque, just need to do a single mass conversion to it.

most vag tdi's give good results tho

Quick question for you. Does your turbo sound like a police siren between about 1400 and 2200 rpm?