ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Realistically, how many miles before my Clio dies?

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
My 1.2 daily is on 125k, still as strong if not better to drive than a 35k one o tried

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Not when I'm the 4th drop

We rarely ever do that unless it's mentally busy. You may be the 2nd one, but they're not exactly miles apart - we do it to save time. Another delivery might be on the way to yours, or on the same road. The minute it takes to drop it off makes little difference. I always velcro them tight as well so the bags keep in the heat too.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive never tipped a delivery driver, I don't tip the DHL man when he brings me shiney new car parts so why would I tip the guy bringing my dinner lol. Ill tip a waiter or waitress in a restaurant if I get good customer service, but that's becoming very rare these days too!!

clio 172
Your cars misfiring and you think those 1quid per del will cover it ? Tyres ,brakes ,sus parts all getting worn heavily on short trips .
Ide tell them to sort me a vehicle .

Great thread!
How many miles from my engine?....., ends in a q and a session on dominos pizza mileage allowance.

Try getting the injectors ultra sonic cleaned? Or diy clean them. Surely videos on YouTube.
Could save you a fortune.

Focus RS + S3
glad to see the engines go on
my daily is on 125k now, bought it on 90k short of 2 years ago, needs another belt change, but all that its needed is a clutch, two rear wheel bearings and a thermostat housing. (and obviously consumables)

oil and filter every 6 months for £15 from euro car parts lol

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
We got shiit service once in a restaurant and at 9pm only ordered a garlic bread and desert..

The waitress stood in the doorway giving us evils as we drove off.. Sorry I didn't tip you for an £8 bill when I ordered at the bar you miserable cnut..

Have we all decided about the pay yet or are we gonna be calling dominoes up and striking?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Have we all decided about the pay yet or are we gonna be calling dominoes up and striking?

Funnily enough, Unite (don't ask) sent me this the other day;

Pizza Express - stop pinching staff tips
ImageProxy.mvc

Dear colleague

Pizza Express is cheating staff out of customer tips.

It takes 8% out of tips paid on a credit card to cover what it calls ‘admin fees.’

That’s 8p from every pound not going to the staff that served you. They claim it’s standard practice – it’s not. Very few of Pizza Express’ high street rivals still make this unfair deduction.

It’s simple – staff should get 100% of customer tips.

If you agree please sign our petition to Pizza Express CEO Richard Hodgson.

Waiting staff are among the UK’s worst paid workers. Many Pizza Express staff are paid the national minimum wage of just £6.50 p/h. They are heavily reliant on customer tips to make ends meet.

As Unite members, let’s stand up to Pizza Express and tell them to stop taking staff tips – we all deserve decent work. Together we can get them to scrap the 8% admin fee on credit card tips.

Unite believes that everyone should be treated fairly and with dignity at work. It’s what our Decent Work for all / Fight for 5 campaign is all about. Pizza Express taking 8% of credit card tips from its low paid workforce is anything but decent. Find out more about the #Fightfor5 here.

Pizza Express says it’s not profiting from the fee but with more than 430 restaurants across the UK, our members working for the chain estimate that it could be pocketing £1 million a year. It can’t cost that much to transfer credit card tips into worker’s pay packets.

Sign and share the petition to Pizza Express CEO Richard Hodgson.

Thanks for your support

Anthony Curley (Unite national youth coordinator)

P.S Until Pizza Express does the right thing and scraps the 8% admin fee, please tip in cash!

P.P.S We know we’re getting to Pizza Express, they’ve been responding to customers like you and I on Twitter when asked why they’re taking 8p of the pound out of their staff’s pockets. See what they’ve been saying at @PizzaExpress – and maybe ask them to stop?

I wasn't sure if it was serious, but I think it is.

Ph2 172
I got that too ^
Time to cancel my membership methinks, they've clearly got too much time and money

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
ive never tipped a delivery driver, I don't tip the DHL man when he brings me shiney new car parts so why would I tip the guy bringing my dinner lol. Ill tip a waiter or waitress in a restaurant if I get good customer service, but that's becoming very rare these days too!!

I could argue that it's different in my case - I drive my own vehicle, DHL man drives a DHL van. I don't expect tips but it's nice to get.

Your cars misfiring and you think those 1quid per del will cover it ? Tyres ,brakes ,sus parts all getting worn heavily on short trips .
Ide tell them to sort me a vehicle .

I do make money on fuel, I spent the time to work it out. If I average 45mpg I can do 8.8 miles at 1.24 a litre (I use the good stuff, I get more MPG out of it), but I'm often in the low 50s as it is. Winter is a bit worse obviously as the cold ruins your MPG but it all averages out. If it's over 10 miles or so we do get extra as an unwritten rule.

They don't do vehicles unless they offer scooters, and our franchisee doesn't at any of the stores he runs. Dunno why, it costs a quarter of a mil to buy one and he's got 8... :|

I don't plan on staying there forever obviously. I'm not doing a degree to work for minimum wage for the rest of my life! :smiley: