ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really annoyed!

A blue one
Just got in from cleaning my car and i dont know if you know but i some meggy wheels on my 1.2, bought them from a refurb place a few months ago, spraying the soap of the wheels and the paints started to chip off!!:mad:

anyone know a rough price on powder coating them, there 16". im in the banbury, bicester area, oxfordshire.

thanks gazz.

ur megane r26
that pretty shite mate tbh, I think I would be loading them back into the car and going back to the place you bought them from for a refund or at least a respray

A blue one
that pretty s**te mate tbh, I think I would be loading them back into the car and going back to the place you bought them from for a refund or at least a respray

i know, iv just tryed to get in contact with him, its been less than three months and i see the white primer!!

421 Cammed 172
Powdercoat prices vary mate.

I paid £30 per wheel inc stripping all the paint off and being redone gloss black. I had to give them the wheels without tyres but i get on well with a garage near me so it wasn't an issue.

A blue one
Powdercoat prices vary mate.

I paid £30 per wheel inc stripping all the paint off and being redone gloss black. I had to give them the wheels without tyres but i get on well with a garage near me so it wasn't an issue.

where was that buddy that price is alright.

cheers gazz.

F56 MINI Cooper S
I have some laquer coming off my pro race 1.2s, pissed off when i see it, as i bought them brand new a year ago. do you think it could be anything to do with tyre gel getting onto the wheel and attacking the paint/laquer?

197 cup
I have some laquer coming off my pro race 1.2s, pissed off when i see it, as i bought them brand new a year ago. do you think it could be anything to do with tyre gel getting onto the wheel and attacking the paint/laquer?

I had the lacquer on my ST wheels coming off in places after they were sprayed white. I think it was where i used to go to close with the pressure washer.

It's no surprise if they've been painted. Painting wheels is a waste of time and money unless you can do it yourself.

A blue one
dont use tyre gell or anything, just loads of little chips on the back wheels, just really annoying to look at, my just get my mate to spray them up for 50 quid, wont be powder coated though :(.

thanks gazz.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The powder coater near us charges £1 per inch. So 15 pound for a 15 inch wheel.

He charges £10 per item if you want them sand blasted first.

A blue one
The powder coater near us charges £1 per inch. So 15 pound for a 15 inch wheel.

He charges £10 per item if you want them sand blasted first.

that sounds a bit of alright, i could sand blast them my self at college, where you from buddy?

cheers gazz.

GTD, Lupo
No i used auto gylm clean wheels which i allways use?? £30 quid a wheel doesnt sound too drastic, dont know which colour i would go for, gota be black or antha on a blue car ;).

cheers gazz

That ag wheel cleaner is still pretty harsh stuff. If you use anything to clean your wills and the vapour hurts your eyes or nose stay away from it. Best bet is warm soapy water and elbow grease. Use bilberry if you need a heling hand but only if you need it.

Powder coating down my way is £30 a wheel.

Gorms

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Powder coating as been on my to do list for months now! Keep putting it off though :(

Maybe switch to a less harsh cleaner when you get them sorted, might keep them nicer for longer :)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
That ag wheel cleaner is still pretty harsh stuff. If you use anything to clean your wills and the vapour hurts your eyes or nose stay away from it. Best bet is warm soapy water and elbow grease. Use bilberry if you need a heling hand but only if you need it.

Gorms

Where abouts is that Paul?

A blue one
dont worry people, that sh1t ent touching my wheels again lol!!! might try a touch up, what do you reckon??

gazz.

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
I got all 5 of mine done for £30. Admitidly i sandblasted them myself and we have a powdercoat plant on site so the £30 was beer money for the guy who operates it but they came out mint! You'd need a pick axe to chip the paint on them there is that much! They are used to painting guttering mind ;) They are Aston Martin black as well :D

Megane r26
auto glym is rather harsh i only use it if me wheels are proper grimed up an never leave it on long. My mate charges me 25 a wheel to sand blast an power coat an its real durable an he has got some funky finishs!

GTD, Lupo
auto glym is rather harsh i only use it if me wheels are proper grimed up an never leave it on long. My mate charges me 25 a wheel to sand blast an power coat an its real durable an he has got some funky finishs!

Yeah powder coating is the future. You can get some amazing finishies. I saw a candy apple red finish it was amazing.

Paul

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Gorms

That's what I'm doing with mine from now on. I've not washed the car since getting the OEM wheels done black, though I did use the AG stuff when the wheels were the original anthracite colour.

No more alloy cleaner for me - a bit of warm soapy water and that's the lot! :)

D.