ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really feint hesitation/miss at light throttle

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Converted Van
I've had similar with a dodgy throttle body and it's a reasonable common issue. They are expensive nee so I'd try a 2nd hand one first

2003 Clio 172
Thanks Martin, fair point.

It does occur to me that this TB did have a *moment* in the past with me pressure washing the engine. It had a hissy fit then but fixed itself.

Fair to assume that water may have got in and be causing havoc now perhaps.

On that note, anyone have a known good tb for sale?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks Martin, fair point.

It does occur to me that this TB did have a *moment* in the past with me pressure washing the engine. It had a hissy fit then but fixed itself.

Fair to assume that water may have got in and be causing havoc now perhaps.

On that note, anyone have a known good tb for sale?
I have a couple of good spare ones for sale.

Amos91

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't buddy. Do you think the 50-72 value from torque (if correct) is a bit amiss?
Coolant temp only got to 72C?

it should be getting up to about 87C and the thermostat will then open and keep it around there. Replace the thermostat / cts.

Torque is accurate for coolant temps.

2003 Clio 172
ok ok ok

I haven't got to the CTS or thermo yet.............have been moving house but made an observation at the weekend that might have been touched on and not sure if relevant

Between the storms, I was taking the littl'un to hockey practice..........was quite still and I had the window down

I am 99% sure I heard a hissing building up as I was driving that didn't drop in line with revs ( I was thinking pulley hiss ) but instead, faded away

This was most notable in second gear where you arent really going too fast for road noise to drown out the hiss but the revs are high enough

So, I haven't been able to start pulling stuff apart yet, but could a partially blocked CAT be doing all of this?

I would have thought the car would be really dead if that was the case but it does go

I am just thinking that all the injector and coil issues of the past year might have knackered or melted some of the cat and if it is blocked, could this be causing the over fuelling etc

Means nothing without investigation I know but just wanted to sound it out

J