ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reanult dealers prices

Can i just ask how do dealers make any money?

They are offering a 182, good nick and low mileage for £7,000. With 3 months warranty

To me this is £1500 overpriced. Offered them £5500 they said they would come down to £6500. stilll too much, who would buy for this much?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
People will still buy from delaers as they dont feel confident enough to approach private sellers and think that they may have somthing to "hide" as it were.

People think that dealers are a more secure viable option.

An absolute mugs game if you ask me, id never buy a car from a dealer even if they came within £250 of a private sale tbh

that is what i said to him, ah well. They lose a sale :) But will sale for £6500 to someone in the future i imagine

They have to make money somehow.

If it was you selling that car on PH, sell it for £6,500. Its cost you nothing to sell it.

They are a business. They have to pay wages, rent, rates, insurance, commission, plus they need to add a bit on incase something goes wrong in those first 3 months that they have to fix, although they'll do their best to get out of it.

A Flamin' Red one
Can i just ask how do dealers make any money?

They are offering a 182, good nick and low mileage for £7,000. With 3 months warranty

To me this is £1500 overpriced. Offered them £5500 they said they would come down to £6500. stilll too much, who would buy for this much?

It's £1500 over priced because the dealer payed £1500 less than what they are asking for...

Arctic blue 182 (05)
7 grand is cheap compared to the dealer in Watford. £8995 for 182 in silver with 30k on the clock. What a steal!

7 grand is cheap compared to the dealer in Watford. £8995 for 182 in silver with 30k on the clock. What a steal!

Yup, I've seen a couple round here for £8k. Couple of months ago one had an artic blue 182, 24k miles up for £9.5k!!!

There is a dealer down the road with a 52 plate Monaco 172 up for £5.6k iirc... Its been there a while.

RS 182
I know it's a very general rule, but reputable dealers do tend to get the best ones.
All the ones that are thrashed to fook by 18 y/o's on dads insurance with dodgy repairs, incomplete or no SH etc will almost certainly end up as autotrader "bargains".

I know there are some genuinely good private buys out there but you've really gotta know what you're doing when it comes to performance motors.

ps
I'm prepared to get flamed:rasp:

saxo vtr
04 plate one at renault near me. black 182 with cup packs on 30k miles with proper shitty k-tek front metal plate grilles for £7.5k!!!

RS 182
I'm very happy with my mint '05 plate 15.5K black 182 from Dinnages Renault I got px for £6300.
Ok it doesn't have the cup packs, but you can get a good deal at the moment if you're prepared to haggle hard & walk away.
Full service + aux belt change for an extra £100.

The px was a shot '94 200sx which they knocked £1100 off the 182's forecourt price.
As I was leaving one of the guys asked how to get the driver's window back up. Clearly they have yet to see what lurks underneath my old car...;)