ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear 10mm Pms axle spacers with ET35 would it rub on the arch?

VW passat R
Hi guys

I'm looking at buying some team dynamics pro race 1.2 et35 alloys soon.

Have et40 2118's on at the minute with rear 10mm pms axle spacers doesn't rub at all. Do you think et35 will rub on the outer edge of the tyre? I would stick to et40 but they are about £170 more.

Don't really want to remove 10mm axel pms spacer just fitted them about three weeks ago.

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have any camber shims on the rear too?
I run a 10mm spacer which has 2degree camber machined into it and also run a small 5mm spacer with my wheels which are ET35. But it will also depend what your ride height is set at.

I have also rolled the arches as a precaution but have never had any rubbing. Even under compression through the dip after Paddock Hill Bend at Brands which is probably the time it compresses the most.

So I recon you’ll be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VW passat R
Hi rob

Thanks for the reply.

They are not shim spacers, just normal 10mm pms axel spacers.

The arches have been rolled slightly.

So the et35 will be 5mm further out then the et40 alloys? Are go out in a minute & measure.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Your 2118's will be ET43 i'd imagine, if they're the anthracite ones.

Only came in ET43 and ET38.

I think my mate runs 10mm spacers on the rear with ET35 Pro Race 1.2's, no issues for him.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I think I’ve run this set up before. Iirc it did touch a couple of times over bumps with the back fully loaded with wheels etc for a track day but no other issues

VW passat R
Thanks guys I thought the 2118's was et40

My car is Not to low bout two inches from the arch to the tyre. James is there any chance you can find out if your mates does rub on the outer edge of the tyre? when he goes over dips etc in the road.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Thanks guys I thought the 2118's was et40

My car is Not to low bout two inches from the arch to the tyre. James is there any chance you can find out if your mates does rub on the outer edge of the tyre? when he goes over dips etc in the road.

No it doesn't and it sits like this

396a2873-jpg.jpg

VW passat R
Hi james is that niall 182 from this forum?

I thought he ran 5mm spacers at the rear I might be wrong.

Thanks

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I run 10mm axel spacers, with 2.5 degree neg camber, my wheel centre to arch is 300mm which is pretty low.. I use Turini with RS3 wets, TD 1.2 et35 with Yokohama A048's and Td1.2 et38 with Toyo R888R. My arches haven't been rolled and I've never had any rubbing issues.. oh and my car is only used hard for trackdays.. Also it's running AST5100 on 80nm springs all round..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
d13dcfe9dc3c35e98664ad465039100a.jpg