ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stud conversion and 10mm spacers

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Since having my car setup with camber and toe my wheels look a little lost in the front arches. The oz currently on the car are 7j et37. I have tried running 16mm hubcentric all round but the rears scrubbed on 195/45 tires.
I was thinking of swapping to pms stud conversion to run a 10mm spacer but I’m concerned about the hub not being able to locate properly and the fact the the oz run spigots to bring them down to 60.1mm.
I know @182_steve runs 10mm spacers but he has no need for spigots as he runs turinis.
Or should I just bang the 16mm back on the front?? Would putting spacers back on ruin the handling?
Any help and advice would be appreciated,
A picture of how she sitting...
5CABFA26-4933-4D17-8929-E241E04D8EC5.jpeg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'd personally get some 10mm/5mm rear hub spacers from PMS. I'm running et43 2118s with 10mm rears. 5mm would bring you fairly close to what I'm running looks wise on the back. Doubt you'd have any scrubbing issues going 10mm though.

This atleast allows you to retain standard bolts on the back.

Put the 16mm on the front, either with extended bolts or get a stud conversion. Im glad I went with the latter but it's upto you! Nuts look better than bolts when they're exposed. Racekar innit.

Handling wise, I doubt you'll even really notice a difference. If you think how little you're actually widening the car by, it's marginal. Yes I understand there's loads of scrub radius stuff, but I've noticed no problems with 20mm spacers. Admittedly I'm yet to try the 2118s without spacers but they'd just look silly so its a compromise.

I run a stud conversion with a 16mm front spacer, no problems at all, however .. I have modified front arches and flared rear arches.

My wet wheels are 7x15 et35 with a 195/50. My other wheels are the same spec but the 195 is more like a 205 as there very square.

I run 2.25 degrees rear camber and I think 3.25 front.

I think the spacers are currently off the car if you want to try them on?

I also have an arch 4oller you can borrow one weekend if you like?

What suspension are you running olle? I find with my very hard (650lb) front coilover springs I need to remove the front spacers sometimes as I struggle to compress the shocks (mainly cold or wet days) the shorter front track allows more force to be applied with less effort.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd personally get some 10mm/5mm rear hub spacers from PMS. I'm running et43 2118s with 10mm rears. 5mm would bring you fairly close to what I'm running looks wise on the back. Doubt you'd have any scrubbing issues going 10mm though.

This atleast allows you to retain standard bolts on the back.

Put the 16mm on the front, either with extended bolts or get a stud conversion. Im glad I went with the latter but it's upto you! Nuts look better than bolts when they're exposed. Racekar innit.

Handling wise, I doubt you'll even really notice a difference. If you think how little you're actually widening the car by, it's marginal. Yes I understand there's loads of scrub radius stuff, but I've noticed no problems with 20mm spacers. Admittedly I'm yet to try the 2118s without spacers but they'd just look silly so its a compromise.
Is that 1.5 degree camber btw?

Cheers for the advice and yeah 1.5 degree mate

I run a stud conversion with a 16mm front spacer, no problems at all, however .. I have modified front arches and flared rear arches.

My wet wheels are 7x15 et35 with a 195/50. My other wheels are the same spec but the 195 is more like a 205 as there very square.

I run 2.25 degrees rear camber and I think 3.25 front.

I think the spacers are currently off the car if you want to try them on?

I also have an arch 4oller you can borrow one weekend if you like?
Cheers I’ll bear that in mind about the roller, I already have 16mm spacers.

Id personally leave it or get slightly lower offset wheels
I don’t know how low et though? I’m et37 already.

What suspension are you running olle? I find with my very hard (650lb) front coilover springs I need to remove the front spacers sometimes as I struggle to compress the shocks (mainly cold or wet days) the shorter front track allows more force to be applied with less effort.
New oem cup shocks and cooksports... wish I’d gone for bilsteins though tbh.

There a great setup, it’s what I bought for mine to start with, very forgiving for road use but equally happy on track. Just give me a shout if you want the roller :)

Will look even better with the front wheels pushed out a bit more, no doubt, but you thought anymore on the backs to get them the same or are they ok as they are do you think?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Pretty sure 182’s rear stub axels are 10mm wider as standard.
I’ve got a ph1 172 with 10mm spacers in rear with et37 7j and haven’t had any rubbing.
On the front I have ph2 subframe, caster wishbones, 182 cup roll center hubs and et37 wheels with 15mm spacers and 2.5 degrees camber.... pms stud conversion.
I do have AST Sportline but spring rates are their Road setup.
That’s also with 16” Turin’s or 15” ultraleggera’s
Just thought I’d share