ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake lines

Clio 172 (CUP)
So I'm stripping and rebuilding the rear bear section on a 172 cup. One of the brake lines has already been bent in the past and is now rusty and no doubt just waiting to fail. The other n/s shorter one I wrecked when detaching from the calliper... Doh! Though I could get it re-flared I guess.

Anyhow, will probably just replace with stock items as they need the hose section near the caliper to support the caliper sliding movement I guess. And, it'll probably cost me just as much to make my own up with similar hose sections on the end.

I noticed those stock hoses (near the caliper) are braided with a rubber covering, so I checked the flexies at the beam to chassis junction (which are corroded to ####), and these are also braided with a rubber covering.

So, question, why is everyone replacing these flexies for aftermarket ones, or I'm I missing something? (Annoyingly, I already have a set to go on which maybe I didn't need)

Clio 172 (CUP)
s**t, bloody tapatalk, I mean't to post it there :-s

Thanks for letting me know.

Can a forum mod please move this thread?