ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake slider seals stuck

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Good afternoon!

Noticed the dust seals on the rear brake sliders were torn so ordered a slider refurb kit from Biggred.

Got the caliper off no problem, sliders out no problem, but apparently there's a metal/hard ring embedded in the rubber seal that slots in the caliper.

Is there a trick to get these out without brute force or dremel?

20200407_161900.jpg
20200407_161919.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Ah I'll try the screw driver again! I thought it would be something like that but didn't want to risk damaging it to then find out there's an easy way to do it.

Thank you!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Ah I'll try the screw driver again! I thought it would be something like that but didn't want to risk damaging it to then find out there's an easy way to do it.

Thank you!

The metal washer is built into the slider seal to keep it round and rigid. When they get worn the rubber splits from it leaving the metal clip in the slot when you pull it out. Just bin it afterwards.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Pfff done it haha that really didn't warrant a new thread, litteraly took 30 seconds with a bit of force..

Just didn't want to risk damaging the caliper, all in now!

Thank you!

20200407_165732.jpg