ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brakes - what to change?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
as the title of the thread suggests, i want to know what is recommended when chaging the rear discs?

I will be using genuine Renault discs and pads, but i see some people also suggest changing the following;

Hub nuts
Spacer/washer
Retaining screw

Are the above necesarry?

Is there anything else to change?

Thanks in advance.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Hub nut would be worth doing, leave the washer and I don't know what the retaining screw is, but it's unlikely to be needed.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Hub nuts.

You can refit/re-use the little washers if in good condition , these can get flattened/deformed if they have been fitted wrong way round and over tightened

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers all.

I'm getting brembo HC discs and pads from George but want to go standard oe Renault for the rears.

Anyone know what the standard fluid is? I don't want to use the ATE stuff.
I will get the nipples if it's worth doing when changing the brakes as the fluid has never been changed before.

I did want to do this myself but really don't think It's wise incase I mess anything up.