ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear camber on a ph1 172??

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
I was planning on putting 1degree of camber on the rear of my track project...

however when i look on the rear, it already looks like this!!

Southend-on-Sea-20120104-00110.jpg

now it doesnt look as much in the picture, but this is quite a bit of camber on the rear.
im dubious about putting any more on the rear in fear that it will make the car incredibly unstable under hard braking!!

questions are

1. is this amount of camber normal on the rear of a ph1 172? or is something potentially bent??

2. is it wise to add any more camber to the rear? (i feel as ktec offer them, perhaps lots or rear camber is a good thing)

any of the CS members who build track/race cars have any input on this??

thanks guys

Clio ph2 172
measure the other side pal see if its different mine looks like that with camber shims. 1.0 degree of camber is all you need more camber will eat tyres.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
other side looks exactly the same!!

how can you actually measre the camber??
the other side looks the exact same but cant give any measurments!!

i wont be able to get an allignment check until i finish building the car!! :(

so if they come with -1.5degree standard then adding another degree will make them -2.5!! thats a massive amount surely?!

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
other side looks exactly the same!!

how can you actually measre the camber??
the other side looks the exact same but cant give any measurments!!

i wont be able to get an allignment check until i finish building the car!! :(

so if they come with -1.5degree standard then adding another degree will make them -2.5!! thats a massive amount surely?!

question to you is, does this look like -1.5degrees standard??
and is -2.5degrees too much considering the car will be used a fair bit on the road? and the rear will be completely stripped??