ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear & centre exhaust mount - anybody found a solution ?

Clio 172
Hello all

I have been searching through the various exhaust threads, and I was wondering whether anybody has come up with a solution to the (what only can be described as) poor quality rear and centre mounts that end up drooping, consquently my centre pipe is knocking against the rear subframe everytime you go over a slight bump.

I have recently bought a new rear and centre mount but still I am having problems.

I have read various suggestions.

- Jubilee clip the centre mount up
- powerflex bushes around the rear mount to make it more supportive?

Any help would be great :)

Prima racing for a solid rear mount and a new genuine renault centre mount iirc they have changed manufacturing companys and the mount is now sturdier

Clio 172
My center mount snapped after only 4 months. I took it off, shaved all of the rubber from the metal bracket using a stanley knife, and then forced a universal exhaust mount on to the metal bracket and bolted it to the car to wedge it in place. Works great.now and if it ever did snap I can fix it for a couple of quid in about 5 minutes.

A.N. Other
I used an old spare rear mount, and pushed a powerflex insert into it, secured with a couple of cable ties. Drilled a hole to mount 30minutes & start-finish had the new one in place. I think I have a spare rear mount if you want to do the same, will send it for the cost of postage.

Clio 172
That's very kind of you... But purchased the comp rear mount and bit the £39.99 bullet in the hope it should fix the problem once and for all.

Have been told it should pretty much sort out the centre mount as well. Will be arriving tomorrow, so will give you all an update!

I used an old spare rear mount, and pushed a powerflex insert into it, secured with a couple of cable ties. Drilled a hole to mount 30minutes & start-finish had the new one in place. I think I have a spare rear mount if you want to do the same, will send it for the cost of postage.

Clio 172
That's what I want to hear!

I had the standard exhaust mount fitted and after 2 days it had fallen apart :banghead:

I paid the extra and got the Prima mount and it's so much better it's not even worth thinking about the standard rear mount if you ask me.