ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear cluster wiring problems

Need some help please...

Got a Mk2 Phase1 Clio and had some lexus lights for them. Ive now attempted to swap them for some lights that came off a MK2 Phase2 and when i went to test them, all the lights are not flashing as they should i.e. when i hit the brakes, the indicator light comes on.

I know its just a case of the wires not matching up but what i need to know is what each of the six wires coming off the car power, so i can match them up with the six wires on the lights.

It would be simple if the colours on the lights were the same as the ones on the car. Please help, ive just spent ages guessing and im back where i started.

All you lot that have fitted the mk2 ph2 clusters to a mk2 ph1 can surely help me?

I wish it was that simple, unfortunately all the wires on my new lights are different colours to the ones on the car, even the stripes on the wires are different. Can anyone take a pic of the back of their cluster while its attached to the wires from the car, Your car needs to be a MK2 PH1 with MK2 PH2 formation lights on.

These are the lights im trying to fit but they are for a PH2 and mines a PH1:

http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/bd/75/b2_2.JPG

Lots of Alfas

Im not sure what you mean. Set out the wires on your car like the new style in my post above for both sides. Then fit your new lights, then that should be right? The new style above makes the ph1 just like the ph2 wiring.

Dave

[Edited by davebem on 28 August 2005 at 5:41pm]

Cheers Dave, after alot of mucking about and totally flattening my battery i finally got them working. Cheers for the help. I have some black lexus lights and silver indcator bulbs if anyone is interested?

Quote: Originally posted by soaney10 on 28 August 2005

Cheers Dave, after alot of mucking about and totally flattening my battery i finally got them working. Cheers for the help. I have some black lexus lights and silver indcator bulbs if anyone is interested?

eeeerrrrrm would they come with instructions :D..............funny eh :D..................only jokin :)

Cya Stu