ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Disc - Whats this in the middle *pic included*

Changing my rear discs as per this guide here:

http://www.fubarnet.com/rear_discs.html

I seem to be missing the innards which are inside the disc. What are these? Can I remove it from the old disc? Have I forgot to order everything I need? :eek:

Pic here:

IMG_2304.JPG

Am I able to remove it or will I have to get new ones? Should they have come with the disc?

Edit: Nope not green stuff, from CES. Should be the same as the original renault parts.

Lionel Richie
you should've bought the complete items from us!

you do need new bearings yes

the toothed bit it the ABS sensor pick up

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
If you go to Renault they will fit a bearing for you and the ABS ring. You'll need to ask them nicely though.

Looks like my car is being put back together then :(

Would it be best to get new bearings or will the old ones be ok? The car has done 26k. Can any garage press the bearings out and put them in the new discs?

I didn't realise I would have to do this, I have done my fronts before and that was easy.

Tangoed Works
Was the same with the old Renault 5 Turbos, the discs were cheap as, but the cost of pressing in the bearings is what made them pricey!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
You may get away with pressing the old bearing out, but when i done this the fecker went after 6000miles, if you have gone to the effort of taking the disk off, you might aswell put a new bearing in. Get one from a local factors, get to a back street garage and ask them to press it in for you, probably charge you a tenner...

Lionel Richie
no point reusing your existing bearings as you'll struggle to press them out and then back in without damaging them

clarksy172

ClioSport Club Member
Just a thought but the ABS ring on the rear disc (as shown) will come off quite easily (in my case!). A small steel drift through the hole where the wheel bolts on and a hammer will do the job - no heat required in my case. The key is a little at a time ie. one tap through one hole rotate to the next etc etc. Before I tried this I spoke to the local dealers who were absolutely no help whatsoever (They told me to buy the Renault part)Hope this helps

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
ROO#1 said:
so you remove the abs ring.How do put it back on?

Soak them in wd40 then go carefully round the edge with an old wood chisel tap tap tap till it comes off. Clean it up and tap it back in place on the new hub using a soft faced hammer of a block of hard wood.

The bearings are £21 a pop from unipart. Make sure you put them in the right way with the lip on the seal to the inside and the circlip in the groove after you push them in.

This is best done with a press but at a push you can knock one of the old bearings out of your old hubs and use it as a drift. Get a can of brake cleaner to wash the whole thing down (avoid the bearings) and reverse the removal proceedure.

You will have to wind the handbrake adjusters back in to get the brake caliper back on, when re-assembled unclip the handbrake cables, pump the footbrake with the engine running, this adjusts the handbrake, hook up the h/b cables and make yourself a cup of coffee.:cool:

clio v6 2005 blue
This is to Fred - my 172 has the symptoms of rear bearings : road speed- related noise whether engine on or off - from my limited knowledge I believe you can supply both bearings discs and pads as a package - next day delivery (pity that New Year gets in the way!). It also looks like this stuff is the same for all 172's 182s and cups; do you need any more info?

Sorry it is a bit of a thin 'thread' with previous discussion but must get this sorted out somehow as approaching a routine service and MOT!!

DUB mk2 golf gti!
the abs ring is a s**t idea!mine glued on at the mo!still picks up the fault and trys to stick on the abs!:mad:

Lionel Richie
This is to Fred - my 172 has the symptoms of rear bearings : road speed- related noise whether engine on or off - from my limited knowledge I believe you can supply both bearings discs and pads as a package - next day delivery (pity that New Year gets in the way!). It also looks like this stuff is the same for all 172's 182s and cups; do you need any more info?

Sorry it is a bit of a thin 'thread' with previous discussion but must get this sorted out somehow as approaching a routine service and MOT!!

yeah we do
http://www.yozzasport.co.uk/store/p...182_172_cup_trophy_rear_disc_bearing_abs_ring
(if you just want the discs -£15 from that price)

all 172's and 182's have the same rear discs