ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear discs on a 182

Seat Leon FR Tdi
My car is in having its 24k service and the garage say the rear discs need replacing. But they have mentioned that its only half of one disc that is worn. Is there any reason this would be the case, would I be wasting my time pushing for it warranty saying the pads and one disc are perfectly fine. Should they not wear at an even rate. Also nearly died when they quoted me £370 just for the discs and thats without fitting. Advice would be appreciated.

Lionel Richie
yeah we have the discs in, they're genuine renault items too

you could try warranty first though, but they'll blame wear and tear no doubt

Seat Leon FR Tdi
thanks for the info, i'll be back for some discs if renault come out with their usual rubbish.

Seat Leon FR Tdi
Just been on the phone to renault, turns out they didnt fit the pads correctly when I had them replaced last, which has caused the disc to wear. The good news is that they are going to replace them free of charge. Not at all happy that they sent my car out with deffective breaks though and very surprised they admitted to it.

Ph1
Just been on the phone to renault, turns out they didnt fit the pads correctly when I had them replaced last, which has caused the disc to wear. The good news is that they are going to replace them free of charge. Not at all happy that they sent my car out with deffective breaks though and very surprised they admitted to it.

Quite amazing that they owned up !!

Good result :)

Clio 172 mk2
Good result for you....not so good for Renault and further confirms their incompetance.