ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear seat bases

phase 1 flamer 172
How the hell do these come out? I can see the outers slide out but the middle is fixed and nothing I can easily get a spanner on.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I presume you are talking clio172/182 here?
If so pull from the back of the seat forward and upwards mate - gripper channel hinge things are in the foot well wall and they just slot out.
That's it @105e

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

phase 1 flamer 172
Thanks that's a very good guide, but me being totally stupid meant the seat backs, however ive managed to manipulate it enough to do what I wanted, which was to remove side panel and have a look into the sill section, looking for rust.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
What you want to do is unzip the upholstery and push it all as far out of the way as possible. Then weld an extension bar onto the rear bolt and really weld the f&ck out of it. Like kill it with flux kind of weld. Once the new bonded extension is cold, SLOWLY! Turn the bolt back and forth while drowning the c@nt in wd40.

As long as you are gentle with movement and very patient this should work every time. The front bolt only needs between a 180 to 360 degree turn. The seat mount plate can then slide out backwards.

Obviously replace with the highest quality bolt you can find. I used zinc alloy bolts iirc.