ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear seat removal

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Has anyone actually removed the rear bench bolts without ruining them?
image.jpg

I've only ever got the front bolt loose and the rear always sheared off. I realise I only need the rear bolt off but I'd like to actually refit some seats

330i. E30 Touring.
It's rare tbh.

The fact that the underside of the bolt thread is exposed to the elements mean the thread is normally gunked/rusted up.

That, and that you can't get a the purchase with a torx that you can with a hex.

Buzz gun is the best way normally, with some WD40/similar on the thread from underneath.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've managed it on two clios now. The key is taking your time. Stop when it goes tight, go back the other way to clean up the threads, rinse, repeat, and eventually it'll free up more and more until it can come all the way out.

Or maybe I've just been lucky.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Welded a nut on one a few weeks back for a mate. Once the nut was on it loosened it up a lot, it was practically finger tight.

Perhaps a bit of heat would have done it in the first place.