ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Shocks

Hi Folks

One of my rear shocks is leaking. What makes do people recommend or should I keep it OE and can I replace myself.

Cheers

wrx sti ppp (305bhp)
i ordered 1 from renault picking up tomorrow, i can notice the difference in handling now, just over 1 week since i noticed it, im going to try and fit it myself, cost me 51 quid, warrenty only covers 12 months

Boz

Arctic 182
As docwalker asked is there a better after market shocker available, without going eibach etc route?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
^^ koni. from deamon tweeks

to fit a rear shock..
1. open the boot, remove the shock cover , take off the 16mm bolt(mite have to hold the top using grips.. get bolt and top rubber mount off...

2. jack the car up so the rear wheel is off the floor by a mm, then undo the the bottom grey bolt on the shock. 18mm.

3. support the shock on the last few turns of the bottom bolt, then let it drop off..on the top of the shock remove the metal sleve and rubber mount. then put it on the new shock. i.e, rubber bump mount.. then metal sleve slips into this untill it hits the wider bottom plate.

4. put the shock up into the boot mount. add the top rubber bump mount,, then bolt it up tight.

5 then u may have to drop the car a lil on the jack to match the hole on the bottom of the shock to the hole in the beam,. then bolt up tight, drop the car and your done

can be done in 20mins

Cheers Guys

That write up is superb, def. going to do it myself.

Are the Koni much harder than the OE.

Amazing the difference in handling by the way, I knew there was something up.

Skoda Fabia vRS
depends which Koni you buy

'special' can be set to about OE firmness and a bit above that, the sports ones can go very hard if you want them to, but can still go quite soft, stiffer than OE but still with a lot of give