ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Spacers - Camber or no camber?

Fitted my coilovers on the sunflower this week.
I was running with 10mm spacers on the rear, which looked epic, but unfortunately scrub, so i've had to remove them.

8716709291_4c6eeac3fe_c.jpg

7/5/13 - Coilovers by Harpham PT, on Flickr

8717829122_91b07d4d86_c.jpg

7/5/13 - Coilovers by Harpham PT, on Flickr

Should I just go with a smaller 5mm spacer, or go with the MAD 10mm spacers with the added camber?

If I go with the ones with the camber, how much camber should I go for to ensure that I don't get any scrubbing issues? Would 1 degree be enough?
Has anybody got any pics of these spacers fitted with 1 degree and 1.5 degrees of camber?

Cup In bits
If your good at maths then you could work out the degrees you need to move the wheel in for your setup.

Chip the human abacus could help.

I've just fitted 15mm rear spacers with -1 degree and there's no scrubbing
But I have ET43 wheels so 5mm closer in than yours

I wouldn't do more than -1 degree as they have -1.3 as standard so thats -2.3 at the rear

I have some of the -1degree K-Tec plastic camber shims that I never used - I could post them to you for some beer money and you could try putting them on one side to see if they clear?

Cheaper than spending £40/50 on spacers that don't fit

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
How low are you Jezza?

Part of me is thinking to just whack on 5mm spacers to make things easier for me lol.

Im pretty low. That picture over exaggerates how much camber there actually is to be honest. Its hard to get a decent picture of what the camber looks like, I dont think it looks too much in real life!

Here is another picture just because I <3 picture whoring ;)

DSC_0188_zps5dc5dda7.jpg