ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear speaker cover removal

Hi ive been searching on here for about an hour looking for some idea of how to remove the rear speaker grills / covers.
Is there a proper way of going about doing this so I don't just snap of all the clips trying to prise it off with a screw driver, leaving it to never fit right again and rattle for ever!
car is 2002 clio 172.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
place one hand firmly on the outside of the cup/bottle holder,
put one foot on the b pillar if required,
and make a sharp backward movment whilst retracting your arm at the same time,

thats how ive always done it anyway lol

clio 16v
theres a slot u can pop a screw driver in under the seat area if i remember correctly.. fold your seats down you should c it

Cheers for the help. Taking the lower part of the seat off helped alot.

For anyone who is looking up how to do this in the future,

take the lower parts of the seats out by pulling them up from the back and unhooking from the front.

Then take a flat headed screwdriver and start gently levering it away from the panel there are three main clips Arnold the speaker grill and two small clips along the bottom that need pushing up as you pull the cover away as they have a slight barb on them then finally once clips are undone angle the front edge out as there are 2 plastic lugs hooked in behind the pannel. watch out for the top one as it has a barb on the back that i broke when i started trying to take the cover off from the front.

clio 16v
no worries dude.. what speakers u putting in.. i just put a new head unit and front speakers in... sounds alot better

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Your way of removing it sounds good, in the past ive just yanked them off, not broken a clip yet!

i just getting them off to see the speaker mounting the size and see whats going to need sound deadning and the verdict is alot front and back ! but speaker wise im going to go for some focals i think all round got a 4 channel alpine amp i can use to run them so should give some good quality sound .