ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear speakers not working on my 197? Help please.

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
2 weeks ago I had my interior trims removed and fitted which in turn, meant I needed the radio taking out briefly while the centre console casing was sprayed.

My girlfriend was in the back yesterday only to tell me she couldn't hear the music coming from the rear speakers, after spending the evening playing with the "fader" and all the settings on the dash, I got no where. Could this be due to a loose setting after having the radio out? Or is it a generic problem with the 197/Mk3's?

When I adjust the "fader" to the rear, it completely mutes the radio/music. I've never noticed the problem before as I very rarely have people in the back.

The car's still under warranty anyway so it'd be repaired either way by Renault, but it'd be great if I could save myself the ballache and being car-less for a week.

Any advice/help would be appreciated :)

Try wiggling the wires after pulling the head unit out. also check for any obvious damage to the wires or loose conenctions.

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
Try wiggling the wires after pulling the head unit out. also check for any obvious damage to the wires or loose conenctions.

I don't dare take the centre console covering off tbh mate, I normally pay someone to do these things for me. Would I simply need to just pull the radio out?

They don't come with rear speakers, it was an option.

Seriously? There's speakers installed in the back though..?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How do you know there are speakers? Are they physically there or are you just looking at the covers?

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
Just checked Clio197.net for this, and I see some models were optional for rear speakers?? How do I go about getting some rears installed? Would I need a new radio unit in the front?

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
I was just about to say "Try checking that there's some speakers first!".

There is a set in the back but there is no sound pumping through them. Why the f**k do Renault insist on fitting them if they're not too work? Stupid!!!

I don't dare take the centre console covering off tbh mate, I normally pay someone to do these things for me. Would I simply need to just pull the radio out?

Seriously? There's speakers installed in the back though..?

you should of got "keys" that are 2 thin pieces of metal , kinda like a bent coat hanger you put into the holes and your cd player will be able to be pulled out. check all wires are in

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
you should of got "keys" that are 2 thin pieces of metal , kinda like a bent coat hanger you put into the holes and your cd player will be able to be pulled out. check all wires are in

I'll have a look mate, but from the searching around I've just done.. I think I may not even have rear working speakers! Hope someone can clear it up for me :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just checked Clio197.net for this, and I see some models were optional for rear speakers?? How do I go about getting some rears installed? Would I need a new radio unit in the front?

No, they'll fit straight in.

no in the back next to the seat. there is plastic casing that clips together. just pull one end towards you and it should un clip. just seen if any speakers are visible.

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
No, they'll fit straight in.

I must sound proper stupid sorry!.. what I mean is.. there is a set of speakers in the rear.. but no sound coming from them whatsoever. So do I need to have these wired or something & do they come unwired for some reason?

I must sound proper stupid sorry!.. what I mean is.. there is a set of speakers in the rear.. but no sound coming from them whatsoever. So do I need to have these wired or something & do they come unwired for some reason?

Go to halfords mate. they will check it all for you instead of everyone confusing you on here

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
Go to halfords mate. they will check it all for you instead of everyone confusing you on here

S'ok mate, just read into a post on 197.net and it seems the grills for the speakers are there and all the wiring is.. but it's an additional extra to have speakers.. stupid money grabbing idea if you ask me.. I'm not even going to bother spending yet more money on the car having speakers installed.

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
I personnaly do not want a car with audio installed in the first place. Why buy something that you will change for sure?

Not once in my life kept the manufacturer speakers in my cars.

megane 285 sport
get some after market coaxial speakers and either chop the existing speaker cable and put spade connectors on or go on ebay and the renault loom to speaker adapter, speakers are 13 cm and require two opposite corners chopping off