ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear speakers

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Ive got some old 6x9's in my room which are collecting dust so was thinking about putting them into the clio's parcel shelf - yes i know they're crap and sound awful but they can't be much worse than the standard clio rear speakers :eek:

Is there a way of disconnecting the rear ones and running the cable to the rear shelf? How easy is it to do....?

Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique
Its pretty easy to do mate, if you have a 5door then just twist the speaker grill to the left I think it is or if its a 3 door the grill is attached to another bit thats attached to the panel. Just pull it off then unscrew and remove the speaker. The way I did mine was I cut the speaker wiring cos it wasnt long enough to go to the parcel shelf and I attached the wiring to other speaker wiring and ran it through to the boot.

Megane 1.6 Dynamique
It is easy enough, you'll just need some speaker wire to lengthen the existing wiring to the boot. 10min job.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
As Above.... Easy as that just Crimp some Connectors on and run the Extra length to beneath the Parcel Shelf

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
there is any speakers in my "rear doors"(even thou its a 3 dr) or at the side of the parcel shelf??