ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear springs/ shocks to coilovers on mk2

Clio Mk2 (2007)
I'm a bit of a novice with cars, but it's what I love and I'm still learning so please forgive my idiocy

I'm wondering if, on my MK2 Clio, I could replace the rear shock absorber and spring set up with coilovers? I know coilovers can be fitted to the front, but so far all I can see online is of uprated/ lowering springs and uprated shocks for the rear. Now my car is only a 1.2 8v so performance is nil, and rice is all I can be right now. I'm simply looking to improve the asthetics of my little Clio.

Help with this would be very much appreciated

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I'm a bit of a novice with cars, but it's what I love and I'm still learning so please forgive my idiocy

I'm wondering if, on my MK2 Clio, I could replace the rear shock absorber and spring set up with coilovers? I know coilovers can be fitted to the front, but so far all I can see online is of uprated/ lowering springs and uprated shocks for the rear. Now my car is only a 1.2 8v so performance is nil, and rice is all I can be right now. I'm simply looking to improve the asthetics of my little Clio.

Help with this would be very much appreciated

Yes matey rear coilovers can be easily fitted. Here is a set up I recently sold:
image.png

Clio 172 cup
43A0643F-B44B-4DD1-A50E-20EEC33C01E1.jpeg
Like these you mean mate they are spax rsx I have them on mine but gaz and other companies do similar , not really worth it unless your going for front set too and maybe a bit overkill on a road car