ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear strut brace

b/g 182, meg tourer
a knock at my door this morning, went downstairs still half asleep. it was the postman and he had a big box in his hand. it was my new rear strut brace :)
i signed for it, grabbed some spanners and it was on in 5mins :)

DSC00248.gif

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looking good! I want one of these! I thought the omp braces only came in red though?

b/g 182, meg tourer
thats what i thought too. i ordered a red one but they were out of stock. they said they had this new colour in. sounded nice to me so i asked them to send one. think this colour is £5 more, but they did it for the same price as the red one because of being out of stock. got it from strutbracer.co.uk. £35

clio 172 sport, zxr6
ive been waiting for ages for one from strut bracer off ebay. its been over 6 wees now so left bad feed back and now they wont send it or refund till i remove the feed back:eek:

b/g 182, meg tourer
well they were out of stock so there was a delay with messing around e-mailing an so on. once they agreed to send me this one (on thursday) i got it this morning (monday) so not long.
got it through ebay. 2nd time i have used them now

b/g 182, meg tourer
ive been waiting for ages for one from strut bracer off ebay. its been over 6 wees now so left bad feed back and now they wont send it or refund till i remove the feed back:eek:

yeah i have to agree with you there. they dont have very good communication skills. lol. the first one i bought 4months ago it took 3weeks or so to come. this time it took 2 weeks. seems like they are always out of stock and waiting on orders.
i am happy with what i have recieved tho

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ive heard v bad things about strutbracer, I would personally avoid and use someone like motorsportworld!

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
i have one for sale

extendable momo rear strut brace
make me an offer

sorry to hijack thread :)

clio 172 sport, zxr6
yeah well they offered a refund and a strut brace if i removed the feed back. guess what they are saying now ive removed it. i really like the black one you have fitted looks good m8 well done on getting it lol

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Strutbracer were ok to me but I keep on emailling them.

The rear omp ones are out of stock currently and badly backlogged, they refunded me fine.

NJ.

525i, 66' Bug, Civic
its universal as it bolts onto the inside of each wheel arch
not the top of the struts

b/g 182, meg tourer
yeah well they offered a refund and a strut brace if i removed the feed back. guess what they are saying now ive removed it. i really like the black one you have fitted looks good m8 well done on getting it lol

sorry to hear that mate. i was a bit hesitant to use them because it took sooooo long first time i got one off them, got it in the end tho. lol

172 Cup (track) FS
this one makes the car far more stable under heavy braking on track :)

Each to there own view but how do you think it does? Since the rear of the car suspension can move about at those locations without any effect. its under the car you need to stiffen the mounting points

because I drove Croft without it a few months ago - then again a few days ago with it fitted. Hugely better under braking, before it felt a bit "wobbly". Same suspension setup, tyres and brakes on both outings.

I don't know the science behind it, just that it feels better for sure !