ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Stub Axle Bolts - Help!

MKII 1.2
So today I went to fit some camber shims to my 1.2 16v 54 plate... (First Car)

All was going well then the first bolt i started un-doing snapped after a few turns!
I'm not sure if its the M8 bolt or the M19 bolt which has broken as I know theres 3 of one size and 1 of another.

My question is... does anyone know where I can get a new bolt? Ive been searching for hours and cant find a thing.
All I have found is the pure motorsport spacer kit which comes with new bolts for a Clio Sport.

Im considering going up to the scrapyard tomorrow to try and get one off one of their clios but otherwise I really dont want to drive around with 3 bolts holding my hub to the beam.

Any help/guidance would be massively appreciated!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If you can wait then PMS will sell you the nuts and bolts separately from the kit. Well worth replacing all of them as half the ones you take off will probably be knackered.
Just call or email Nick at PMS - I paid £10 for all the replcement nuts and bolts if I remember rightly.

MKII 1.2
Looking like im going to have to wait now but thats most likely what I was going to do if i cant get one off a scrapped clio.

Thanks guys, really appreciate your help!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Looking like im going to have to wait now but thats most likely what I was going to do if i cant get one off a scrapped clio.

Thanks guys, really appreciate your help!
Isnt that a bit of a pain in the ass though to have to remove the brakes etc off a scrapped car just to get a rusty old bolt.

MKII 1.2
yeah itll be a huge pain in the ass but im unsure about driving with 3/4 bolts in and i will need my car... think I'd be alright?

Focus RS + S3
On the non sports im sure you can just whip a bolt out from behind the rear shock without taking brakes off?

If your still stuck i think i 'may' have some in a box of nuts and bolts in my garage but bot 100%
If i can find one with christmas post etc it wont be with you for a while lol
So scrap yard maybe better option

MKII 1.2
yeah I did a bunch of research on it and all that needed to be done was remove the 12e torx nut in behind the brake drum... no need to remove the brakes or whatever like most guides say.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, PMS isnt open til the 4th so tempted to go try get one tomorrow and hopefully it works out! itll be a temporary fix til I can replace the whole lot. Let me know if you come across it, ill gladly pay postage and some extra!