ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wheel bearing capsulating nut

Trophy #473
Think thats what there called, how tight should It be, changing my rear disks today but havnt got a torque wrench. is it advisable to use one?

pics will follow as the state of the disks rediculous.

nathan

ph1 172... Sold:(
Do you mean the hub-nut?

I did it as tight as I could using a standard socket driver, then put a long bar on it and did an extra 1/8 turn, checked the bearing wasn't binding, then did it again a few times over until I was happy.

not very scientific i know but that was a few months ago now and it's still on...

175Nm it should be from memory.

SHopuld always have a torque wrech and the nu should always be repaced or locking compound used it you don't have a spare.

Trophy #473
cool, im reusing the nuts, i'll put some locktite on it too, I have some burn marks on the stub axle on one side where the bearing was fubar'd, there is slight play inbetween the inner bearing and stub axle, really tiny movement, the bearing spins on the stub where as the other side doesnt. new stub axle needed me thinks, FFS, my fault tho.

Trophy #473
all on a sorted now, 175nm is fookin tight!? sure thats right, did it tight by hand and then got a breaker bar on it for a 5th of a turn, torque wrench i borrowed only went up to 150nm still used it and calculated the rest. also used loctite.

nathan

MINI Cooper S
From my memory 2, its 175NM, i changed both my rear bearings not long back... i had to borrow a f**k off torque wrench from work to do mine.

Edit: hold on i have a haynes manual somewere...

MINI Cooper S
Hanyes manual doesnt have the torque setting in it for the hub nut, i am 90% sure its 175NM though.