ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wheel Bearing Gone

clio 172
Can someone tell me if you have to press the rear wheel bearing pls. I knpw you have too on the front.

Because on my mk2 172 theres a drowning noise coming from one of the wheels. I though it was the front left so i changed the barring with my mate and drove it and the noise was still there

SO pissed.

So if anyone has any technics as to how i can find out which wheel its coming from, would be great.

Also does anyone have a guide how to change the rear wheel bearings.

Cheers

Last edited:

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Rear wheel Barring Gone

spin the wheels one at a time for the rear ones hold the base of the shock any bad virbrations/noise it will be that bearing on the front just hold the spring. the rears also press out just watch you dont crack the disc.

my Ph1 172 was done at Rentech by Mike, it was pressed out and took approx 10tonne plus to pop out m8!

clio 172

End result

My rear discs and pads needed changing anyway. And a garage reckons the noise is coming from the rear. So some disc come with the bearings built in. So hopefully problem solved