ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wheel bearings...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Where's the best place for these? Mine have recently started to drone slightly.

Am i better off buying the bearings separately, and getting them pressed into a new set of discs?

I might as well replace the discs too, as they are original.

Can someone suggest the cheapest and best way of getting them changed please? GSF?

I might fit them myself, if i can get them pressed in. Depends on how much fitting is, and how lazy i'm feeling.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

i had rears done by rs murray (paul's parents in leeds) for 79 a side, think they said call it 140 in the end. but prices have gone up sweet cheeks so is just a guide line figure.

jamie

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Easy job IIRC. I could bring tools and we could probably get it done in the pits at Oulton!
(talking about putting new discs on with bearings already pressed in!)

Bumder With A Buffer
I got bearings from ECP (eurocar parts) and had mine pressed out and pressed back in by someone here at work.

Gave him a tenner for doing it and I "think" the bearings were £20 or so at the time. I dont know how helpfull that is!

Clio's
i had rears done by rs murray (paul's parents in leeds) for 79 a side, think they said call it 140 in the end. but prices have gone up sweet cheeks so is just a guide line figure.

jamie

You got ripped off if that was just for bearings theyre no more than £30 a set

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Easy job IIRC. I could bring tools and we could probably get it done in the pits at Oulton!
(talking about putting new discs on with bearings already pressed in!)

LOL

Might do that actually :eek:

GSF's my best bet for discs, pads and bearings then?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
LOL

Might do that actually :eek:

GSF's my best bet for discs, pads and bearings then?
PM Fred. He may be able to get them cheap, I could grab them off him and bring them with me. Make it clear that you need them for Tuesday latest though!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
PM Fred. He may be able to get them cheap, I could grab them off him and bring them with me. Make it clear that you need them for Tuesday latest though!!

I'll call him at lunchtime and sort things out. Is he coming to Oulton?

Monaco 172
http://www.elcome.co.uk/motaquip/

Motoquip parts are genuine renault apparently, and the part number on the rim. 90 inc bearings and ABS rings(not sure on without rings though)