ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Wiper Not Working

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
My rear wiper used to work intermittently, I could turn the switch and it would go, other times it wouldn't. Now it's stopped working completely. Rear washer still works just no wiper action.

I've taken the boot lid trim off and the connection was attached and looked fine when I took it off and put it back on again.

What are the simple things to check before looking at the motor itself?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Start with the easy things - Fuses / Relays.. if they're OK, check continuity to the motor to ensure you have 12v + ground there (i.e.: a full circuit).

The motor might have died I guess however sounds more like a broken wire maybe, if it was working intermittently ?

See if you can get 12v to the motor and see if it spins..

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys. It doesn't come on even when the stalk is one click down and in reverse so clearly a fuse/relay/motor problem. Going to check what @TheEvilGiraffe said and see what happens.