ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wiper removal....urgent

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
looking at doing something with this tomorrow so want to know

i have taken off the cover and removed the bolt holding it on but the things seems stuck-fast, anybody know how you go about getting it off?

i want to get the plastic piece that it sits on (under the window) off to paint

Mondeo TDCI 130
I used a proper wiper arm puller to get mine off, it got so tight i couldnt tighten it anymore by hand, so got a spanner over the rod for extra leverage! It went with such a bang i thought the screen had broken!!!!

My advise, soak it in WD40 over night!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
how the hell can you soak a wiper still attached to the boot in wd40 over night lol

will be hitting this in the morning,

yes rollo its urgent to me as its at the top of a long list i need to sort tomorrow

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
not been banned recently chap, if you look closely you will see thats my avatar from the time i was banned

right to attack the rear wiper, think i will cover the motherfooker in wd now then hit it at lunch maybe

ph1 172...a red one
I used a proper wiper arm puller to get mine off, it got so tight i couldnt tighten it anymore by hand, so got a spanner over the rod for extra leverage! It went with such a bang i thought the screen had broken!!!!

My advise, soak it in WD40 over night!

true true....gotta soak the spline with wd40 or plusgas then use a puller...I had exactly the same problem...oh and they go with a LOUD bang!

Mondeo TDCI 130
how the hell can you soak a wiper still attached to the boot in wd40 over night lol

will be hitting this in the morning,

yes rollo its urgent to me as its at the top of a long list i need to sort tomorrow

Undo the 13MM nut, get a can of WD40, spray it over it, getting into the splines as much as you can!! Leave it to work its way in!:approve:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
did all the above, still didn't budge

however the wiper snapped a bit off so may have to get a new wiper, going to have to find another way of extracting it soon

only thing that didn't go right today, had a feeling it would be this....lol

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Best way, feet on the back bumper, bed mattress behind u, both hands on wiper and pull like uv never pulled before. Wen u hit the mattress u know its worked lol