ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rebuilt engine value?

Jack1998

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 1.6 Rsi
Evening all.

Just after everyone's opinion, I've been offered a rebuilt engine, just standard rebuild nothing fancy. Engine is a no service history motor, apparently on 73k but no proof, internally its had every gasket replaced, valve stem seals, valves lapped, piston rings, big ends and everything has been measured and is within tolerance. Chap who's built it is a friend of mine and has been an engine builder for 40 odd years, he's done this for his clio but has taken a different angle instead now. He's asked me to make him an offer so just wondering as to what folk would offer as I really dont know what to think.

Cheers,
Jack.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Offer him a hand job and a pack of biscuits. But imo clio engines aren't worth a w**k....

*Went to check eBay*

Have you f**king seen how much 182 engines are getting on eBay now? JESUS, my car is for sure getting stolen, OEM cat and engine. Some are getting over £800.... Maybe just ask him what the engine owes him and start there. (Famous last words) but if mine shoots a piston through the sump its K20 time.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Since breaking 1*2's became more commercial than driveway butcher the prices of parts have gone up. Asking what it owes him would be a good starting point and hopefully you can get a bit of a bargain.