ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro pole positions (work in progress)

An orange one
So I've never really been a fan of the aftermarket look on the Recaro's with the huge logos everywhere and the leather that wasn't real leather,

I finally decided last month to ring capital seating and have them booked in for a retrim in proper recaro nappa leather, with small embroidered recaro logo and renaultsport done to match, they will also have red stitching..

Heres how they looked before I started..

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

To save making the 400 mile round trip twice, I opted to remove the covers myself and post them down to capital seating.. This was pretty scary but quite easy to do..

d73ad124.jpg

38f715e7.jpg

aa8d70b4.jpg

So far I have received a teaser pic from them of the embroidered logos in the leather

photo1.jpg

Hoping they will be finished this week and I can get down and have them fitted, they insist on this so that the leather is fitted tight and no saggy bits etc

Meanwhile I removed the side mounts as again they didn't look very original as they were...

Got them back the other day..much much nicer, resprayed in mars red with renaultsport logos

e9833bb8.jpg

5804eb8b.jpg

And fitted, as I wanted to drive the car, and couldn't wait for the covers lol, nicely ties in with the rest of the coloured v6 parts

f760f432.jpg

c6474a51.jpg

Pics to follow of the finished articles next week :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You can't keep us hanging on like that Colin! Ffs!

They'll look immense!

M135i and the shed
Looking forward to seeing this. You use Recaro double locking sliders with the Pole Positions?

LOVE that!

Can't wait for them to be back!

How much is the retrim costing? I thought it was a £1k option on the pole positions?

An orange one
Looking forward to seeing this. You use Recaro double locking sliders with the Pole Positions?

Yeah they are full recaro subframes but they have been fabricated by a company in Scotland so they sit a good 2 inches lower than standard recaro ones, and keeping the sliders

The retrim is costing me £210 + vat per seat, which I thought was pretty resonable including all the embroidering so looking at £500 or thereabouts, it works out around a similar cost to ordering new ones in leather, although of you order those you can't have the alcontara centres, you get all leather

The 197 wheel was fitted by the previous owner, a few have done in now, makes a HUGE difference in terms of looks and feel

I just want them back now, was parked over the road today while me and my mate sat and had a drink in the sun and this older couple were checking it out, I was embarrassed for my non covered seats :(

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
They looked awesome before but will look even better when finished! Very jealous.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i think they looked out of place before and looked abit crap imo, but now with the new retrim and newly sprayed side mounts its looks much more oem. epic car!! looking forward to the update

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
oooooh, so moist! that car is epic, great great work Colin. Love it :approve:

An orange one
Wow thanks for all the kind comments people, means a lot! :)

The newer font was chosen to match the 197 wheel and the side mounts and seats will match

Also I'm thinking of getting the 197 style badge for the boot, but I'm not too sure yet,

Austin, it will look even better when I get your headlong etc done :)

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Wow thanks for all the kind comments people, means a lot! :)

The newer font was chosen to match the 197 wheel and the side mounts and seats will match

Also I'm thinking of getting the 197 style badge for the boot, but I'm not too sure yet,

Austin, it will look even better when I get your headlong etc done :)

Thats the game mate. Ive been talking to a lad in the gym whos got a V6 and i think hes going to get it done, il get some pics over on the V6 site if it goes ahead.

130i Road, 172 Track
Love what you've done with all the different interior bits. Seats will finish it off nicely!!

An orange one
im going down to have them fitted next monday (16th) and have just recieved a pic of one of the covers with the finished embroidery...

obviously its a dodgy pic and as he explained it will look amazing once fitted and tensioned up so its mega tight..but it shows the logos and red stitching, seemingly its quite tricky and takes a lot of manipulating the leather to get it fitted right, so looks like I may be shopping in leicester for a few hours lol :)

photo1-1.jpg

the next pics will be of the final fitted seats...cant wait :D

Just out of curiosity, last night i priced up 2 leather pole positions from capital seating, £2420 without frames or sidemounts!!!!! ooouccchh!

Ph1
Sorry to crash the thread but you know in your first picture, did you get the Recaro alcantara center's made to match the V6 door cards ? Looks a real good match for the Renault trim.

An orange one
Sorry to crash the thread but you know in your first picture, did you get the Recaro alcantara center's made to match the V6 door cards ? Looks a real good match for the Renault trim.

Hi mate nope it's the same alcontara that recaro use on their trendline seats as fitted in the meg r26 and 182 trophy so it just happens to match perfectly (well 95% perfectly)

Another reason why I didn't go for full leather as it matches the doors and alcantara is nicer imho